Valued Contributor

PetMD online is a good resource for such questions.  You can also just Google the question and see different websites to get answers.  Also if you have an emergency clinic in your area you can call and ask them.

Respected Contributor

Our vet has told us to use Benadryl for stings.  With a lot of dogs and living out in the country.....a lot experience stings until they learn to leave some critters alone.  And of course we seek vet treatment if needed for severe reactions and as needed.  But most of our dogs would rather get a minor home treatment than go to the vet.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Pets Stung by Wasps

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

For any type of insect bite, people or pet, I give :

20170301_132644 (1).jpeg

Works every time.  Of course if the pet is not breathing, seek emergency care.  My dog can't take Benadryl.  It makes him pant hard.  Our vet (holistic) told us to avoid it for him. 

@tends2dogs ... Thanks for sharing this! I can't take Benadryl either... makes my heart beat fast !!... probably the same reaction as your dog panting hard !! I believe l can buy this in the drug store. 

Esteemed Contributor

@EastCoastGal wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

For any type of insect bite, people or pet, I give :

20170301_132644 (1).jpeg

Works every time.  Of course if the pet is not breathing, seek emergency care.  My dog can't take Benadryl.  It makes him pant hard.  Our vet (holistic) told us to avoid it for him. 

@tends2dogs ... Thanks for sharing this! I can't take Benadryl either... makes my heart beat fast !!... probably the same reaction as your dog panting hard !! I believe l can buy this in the drug store. 

Yes, @EastCoastGal , you may find it at your drug store, Amazon, or Vitacost.  The Vitamin Shoppe carries cell salts, too.  My DH and I take them if we get bit by mosquitoes or stung by something.  That isn't the only reason to use this.  The Ledum can be used in a treatment for Lyme (along with other cell salts) and for tetanus, to name a few.  

I have a huge arsenal of cell salts that we use daily. 

All the best~

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Frequent Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

Benadryl, but call your vet and make sure how much he needs, it would depend on his weight.

Ice packs for the swelling.......AND A BIG, FAT HUG!!

I think he needs a real special treat too!!

I agree with your advice @KingstonMom.  Including the hug & treat! 😊