Honored Contributor

Re: Lawsuit: Prescription Dog Food Rip-off

We recently started feeding our dog Merrick brand, and he loves it. I'll mix in a little canned with dry every now and then and he really loves it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are several websites that rate brands of dog food.   The much touted Science Diet consistently rates low.   As usual,  Google is your friend.

I would never,  ever feed my dogs grocery store dog food.   It's full of fillers and heavens-knows-what. 

Does that mean that if your superior dog food were suddenly to appear on a supermarket shelf you would change brands?

If one takes the time to read and understand the ingredients decent pet foods can be purchased in a supermarket.

Most supermarkets have to deal in high volume products so it is not likely you will ever find a premium dog food at the supermarket.  Having said that some of the pet chains have upped their game.  There are a couple foods that are not bad.  The point is to find something that works for your dog and your budget.

Excuse me?  I get Newman's Own Organic canned food (5 star rated on pet food advisor) at my local Kroger store.

@Buck-i-Nana  That's funny... giving an animal who'll drink out of mud puddles and eat poop organic food. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 - I'm not sure I'm understanding your reply to my post?  Perhaps you have me confused with someone else? 

ETA - Although, I guess you can't get any more organic that mud puddles and poop!