Respected Contributor

Lawsuit: Prescription Dog Food Rip-off

Are allowed to leave links here?  If not, just google the following (from Mercola) ..

Do You Buy Pet Food From Any of These 6 Con Artists?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
QVC Customer Care

Re: Lawsuit: Prescription Dog Food Rip-off

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site

Super Contributor

I have read  so many articles about dog food that my head spins. The stuff they put in it makes me so mad. I love my dogs and I want them to live long healthy lives but instead I have one with kidney failure and 1 with cancer.  I wonder if the dog food contributes to the organ failure, cancer, diabetes etc that our dogs suffer with and sucumb to. If any reader has found a great dog food or even a healthy homemade food that they can share with me I would appreciate it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ROSE-

Thanks to this board, I started feeding my dog & cats Fromm brand- it's great! I purchase it online at Chewy or Petflow.

Respected Contributor

I would like to know of a healthy dog food, any recommendations?

(I don't want to order online for dog food).  I prefer buying at the store. 

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@Rose429, I can't comment on pet foods or homemade diets; I have not had any pet problems due to commercial foods and have never had an animal that would eat a "prescription food".

However, I can say without hesitation that one of the very best things I ever did for my animals was to change them to bottled water!

While I lived in an area with city water one of my cats would routinely get bladder stones and nothing worked until I realized that time of year played a part.  When the city would super treat the water he would develop stones shortly after.  Once I changed to bottled water he never had a single incident of bladder stones again.

At my present residence I have well water with a high mineral content.  Feeling safe because there is no chemical treatment I started using the well water for my animals.  This time it was my dog that developed bladder stones that required surgical removal.  Back to bottled water.  The stones were about three years ago but since switching to the bottled water not a single recurrence of stones.

Over time even my vet became a believer and now recommends to other pet parents whose pets have developed bladder stones to use bottled water.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Personally, I consider Mercola to be a quack, both in his human and his pet positions.

The class action lawsuit, like so many, is nothing to really do with the efficacy of the food itself, it's about business practices and why they are "prescription" when there are no drugs in the products.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

@Sunshine Kate  Fromm is a wonderful brand of dog food that's made in the USA.  If you go to their website you can find out what stores in your area sell it.  They sell to the smaller locally owned pet stores.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@Marp, you are so right , i have a well  softned water and would never give my pets anything but bottled water .  i wouldnt drink it either. better to skimp on something  frivolous and  buy whats best for  our pets and  our health...Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

TIA

If you want more choices, order on line chewy.com is safe, good prices,and fast.Acana, orijen, fromm,  earthborn,are some i feed my three goldens.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.