Respected Contributor

Re: How many dogs and cats do you own?

In response to why people mention they have Shelter and Rescues is that they really need us.  Perhaps people say they have them to make others aware of the need and that they make good pets.  I have had a shelter dog, 2 rescue dog and a rescue cat.  My current dog is a rescue dog and of all the dogs I have had he is the best behaved and very loving.  Have had pure breds - German Shephard, Scottish Terrier, Westhighland Terrier(who actually was a rescue from a puppy mill breeder and had a bad life until I got her at her age 5)., 2 Yorkshire terriers and a Great Dane (great dog) and several other mixed breeds throughout my long life.  Animals add so much to our lives and we owe it to them to see all have a chance for a happy home - including and especially the shelters and rescues who have no one.  In mentioning pure breds, we also need to crack down on puppy mills whose breeding dogs do not have a good life. 

Respected Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I don't have any pets.  My 18 year old cat passed away in March.  I hope to get another in the future.  Not ready yet.

I am sorry about your kitty. My 17 year old cat passed in June of this year. We had him since he was 8 weeks old.

We have one dog.

Trusted Contributor

I have 2 rescue cats. Totally agree with what @KathyM23 said.  So many animals in shelters need homes.  A friend of mine paid $1000 a piece for 2 rag doll cats. No comment. 

Respected Contributor

4 year old greyhound and a 15 1/2 year old pharaoh hound.  I will be a one dog owner after I lose my pharaoh hound (probably this year, she's going downhill pretty fast). 

Respected Contributor

One dog, 4 cats.  All shelter rescues.  Loves of my life.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

We have 4 cats=two indoor,two ferals.3 rescued from our backyard,one rescued off the roof of our garage! How a 2 month old kitten got up there not once,but twice is anybody's guess?Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Two small dogs that I love so much! Don't know what I would do without them!❤️❤️❤️
Respected Contributor

2  Cocker spaniels (rescued)

1   Himalayan cat 

Trusted Contributor

3 kitties and our newest adoptee is a 7 year old Rat Terrier. 1 kitty is from a private shelter and the other 3 are from our county animal control shelter.

And all 4 beasties are SPOILED ROTTEN!

Esteemed Contributor

I never thought I would see the day but I have 3 cats that I rescued and saved from tiny kittens.   It's just as easy as having one I found.  They all have their own personality and I love each of them.  The first one is 5 years old,  the other two are brother and sister and they are 2.