Honored Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Hero Golden Retriever Saves Owner Who Fell And Got Paralyzed

Yes, isn't this THE BEST story of a dog's love and loyalty! I saw this yesterday on the news and it made me cry and warmed my heart. I lost my golden boy about two years ago and I still miss him so. Goldens are truly GOLDEN!
Honored Contributor

That is one wonderful story! What a dog!

Honored Contributor

That story reminded me of watching Lassie (TV show) as a kid.   Lassie always went to summon help!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

That story reminded me of watching Lassie (TV show) as a kid.   Lassie always went to summon help!  Smiley Happy

My family loved watching Lassie.  My goodness, series started in '54.  I didn't find out that Lassie was a male dog until 2-3 yrs. ago!

I still enjoy watching Lassie Come Home (1943) with Roddy McDowall and Elizabeth Taylor, Donald Crisp and the mom, Elsa Lancaster.

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

http://nypost.com/2017/01/13/dog-stays-with-paralyzed-owner-for-20-hours-until-help-comes/

Wow, what a hero Kelsey is.  So many times you read how a family

pet helped save a family member.  God bless all the Kelseys!

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful story of loyalty and love

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Esteemed Contributor

Dogs are smarter than we humans give them credit for.  My little Chihuahua in a sense rescued me from a fall. She went to get my husband.  I was not badly hurt but it was a backward fall from a ladder.  She then would not leave my side... jumped up on my stomach and would not leave.  Same pup alerted my daughter when my grandson was about to tumble off the sofa.  

Super Contributor

I love this story and love my goldens! I'm not sure Mercy would do that for me, but my sweet boy, Max, who I lost last June would definitely have! I think that dog would have given my life for me. Very devoted. Mercy may get there...she's a little young to be so focused.

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina