Honored Contributor

Re: Chloe needs your prayers PLEASE

@Mustang Shar

I am so sorry that you got the diagnosis you did for your little Chloe.  My thoughts and prayers are with you both.  (((Hugs)))

We have an 11 year old keeshond that has had to take daily meds morning and night for six years.  At first we placed her pill in a tiny piece of bread with a tiny dab of peanut butter on it.  That worked for a while until she got tired of it.  Then we tried cheddar cheese (which she loves).  Cheddar is pliable enough that you can place the pill inside a tiny piece of cheese and squeeze it closed so the pill is completely covered.  She still takes her pill with cheese.  On rare occasions we place the pill inside a small piece of chicken or beef.  Some people use pill pockets (I think that's what they are called) but we have no experience with them.        

I would suggest you try the PB/bread and/or cheddar cheese and see how she responds.  I assume you're giving her pills rather than liquid meds.  You might also try cooked carrots; our dogs love them as treats.

Please keep us posted on how Chloe is doing.  I hope she continues to be a happy, loving dog and that her illness will be kept in check with meds prescribed by your vet.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but I can tell from the fight, love and determination in your posts that your girl is in the best hands possible on this earth!  Know that our prayers are with you as you begin this journey.  Keep the faith!

Honored Contributor

Is this Chloe's coloring/markings?  Aah, so cute!  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie

Ah those are Blenheim , aren't they just gorgeous! Chloe is a ruby girl, this upload will go up sideways...have no idea why iPads post goofy here..

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh it came up correctly but can't edit the above text...lol

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about the diagnosis, but I can tell from the fight, love and determination in your posts that your girl is in the best hands possible on this earth!  Know that our prayers are with you as you begin this journey.  Keep the faith!

I'm in tears...thank you!  @Sammycat1

Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie

Thank you for the tips! She is such a picky eater! She turned her nose up to the peanut butter and the American cheese I bought her. Maybe she would like cheddar better? I never had a dog refuse these....however, I will coax her with PB on bread and seeeeee how she takes that.   Hugs!!

Trusted Contributor

So very sorry to hear this both for you and Chloe.  My prayers are with you both.

Respected Contributor

Prayers for you and your darling Chloe.

I looked up the cavalier as I had never heard of it, as well as that neurological disorder.

You are doing the best you can, and hope the medication keeps her comfortable.  You can usually find something a dog will like to put medication into.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chloe is beautiful!  I've had the other three colors but never a ruby.  I've always loved them.

Years ago before Pill Pockets, I used to put my dog's pills in honey butter.  Land O' Lakes makes it in a tub.  My dogs always loved it.  Since you're using such a tiny amount I didn't feel bad about using the honey butter.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Mustang Shar  I am so sorry to hear about Chloe's diagnosis.  If there is a bright note in this, it is that she is in the hands of a loving momma.  Also, it sounds as if she has good medical care.  I had not heard of SM before and have been reading about it online.  It looks as if there are different treatments and that is hopeful.  The site I found listed them, including alternative complimentary therapies. 

I am sure you will be doing a lot of research.  Being given this honor of caring for these beloved creatures, it is our duty to do the best we can.  This is where Chloe has been blessed. 

Come here when you need support.  Please know that many of us will continue to pray for Chloe, her doctors, and of course, you, her momma.

Take a deep breath and know that this is your new reality of life with Chloe.  Embrace it and trust in the Lord for your strength.

Tends2Quin

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!