Respected Contributor

Re: Potty Chair Recommendations

I also bought a toddler size commode that played "how dry I am" and sat it beside the regular commode.  DS was very interested early so we would put him on it when we went and he got the hang of it.  No diapers at age 2, yeah!!!

Honored Contributor

Our little potty arrived yesterday.  She'll be here today, to put it to use,  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Best advice, use the regular toilet, just modify if you have to, no special seat for her to get used to and never want to change. And that you will have to empty, just more work for you. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - Let us know how it went. Wishing you and your dear granddaughter great success!

Trusted Contributor

A day care provider suggested using the regular toilet but have the child sit backwards.  Their "aim" is better because their legs are spread apart further and they can hold on to the toilet tank for a secure feeling. This works on those large toilet seats in public restrooms, too. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch - Let us know how it went. Wishing you and your dear granddaughter great success!

Thanks, @Jersey Born   She's doing great and quite proud of herself. I think she feels. more secure using one that's her size and she can have her feet on the floor, The potty itself is really cute.  It looks like a toilet and has a handle that makes a flushing sound.  So when she goes, she gets to flush. They were over yesterday.  Daddy and Papa had to go somewhere so she and I were alone.  I needed to use the restroom so I brought her in with me, in lieu of leaving her unattended.  When she heard me, she clapped and said, "Good job, Nana!"  
😆😆😆😆

Respected Contributor

That is just too precious, @JeanLouiseFinch. Glad you were able to find a great little toilet that she likes and will use.  

Honored Contributor

Use the same one that is used at her home. Consistency is important when potty training.