Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please?

So much depends on how much you want to spend. I like to give a cookbook for showers and then make the wedding gift bigger - usually a check or gift card from the place they registered from.
Respected Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please

@missy1 wrote:
On 2/13/2015 Cookie06 said:

Is it customary to give cash at weddings? Just wondering??

Yes. There's usually a box to put a card with cash/check in. The couple will take this with them, while someone else takes the gifts (not stolen or misplaced). Many gifts are sent to the house before the wedding, these days. i prefer giving cash or a gift card.

il_340x270.678036338_t7km.jpg (340×270)

Worked with someone whose reception was in VFW or American Legion and the card box like above was stolen.  Whoever stole it, sat in the parking lot and pulled out all the cards with cash and threw all the cards and the ones with checks into the parking lot. 

In addition, some gifts were stolen when the back door was propped open when best man went to get a car to load the gifts to drop off at the couple's residence.   Ever since then I've always sent gifts to the house and mailed a card to ppl's homes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please

Our daughters both had members of their "house parties" assigned to host the gift tables at their weddings and receptions. They took their jobs very seriously. No lost gifts!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please?

I've had good luck with Dennis Basso faux fur throws. I find them on cleanrance so it fits y budget and they are well received.