Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for a 25 year old's bridal shower..please?

I just bought a shower gift for a family member from her registry. Very upscale and expensive stores through the knot website!

Esteemed Contributor

I think the protocol depends on where you live. My grandson just got married and the shower was gifts from their registry and it is customary to give cash at the wedding. Some brides have a lingerie shower just for her. I would think it would also depend on their living arrangement also. Many couples have an established home before they are married.

When I lived in another state, I won the prize for a game at a shower and was informed that the prizes go to the honoree, not the winner of the prize. Live and learn! Here the prizes go to the game winner.

Valued Contributor

Is it customary to give cash at weddings? Just wondering??

Frequent Contributor

Speaking as someone who was married once...yes, I used the flatware and dishtowels and spice rack and God knows whatever else, but I wish someone had given me a house cleaning gift certificate. You know this couple and I don't, but women for the most part are still "in charge" of the house as well as working outside the home, prepping meals, doing most of the child activities (not that there are any kids yet.) Nice to come home to a clean bathroom, kitchen floor and counters. Happy wife, happy life.

Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Cookie06 said:

it is never bad to give cash or a check at weddings.....or buy something from their bridal registry or registries.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 sunshine45 said:

it is never bad to give cash or a check at weddings.....or buy something from their bridal registry or registries.

Yes. I think almost everyone could use cash. I've given it many times.

Honored Contributor

Yes. There's usually a box to put a card with cash/check in. The couple will take this with them, while someone else takes the gifts (not stolen or misplaced). Many gifts are sent to the house before the wedding, these days. i prefer giving cash or a gift card.

il_340x270.678036338_t7km.jpg (340×270)

Trusted Contributor

I like to give carpet cleaning machines. Every couple needs one and most young marrieds won't go out and purchase one.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

I like to give carpet cleaning machines. Every couple needs one and most young marrieds won't go out and purchase one.

Wow, this is a great gift. Just make sure they do have carpet or large area rugs, as so many places now are going all hardwood and tile flooring. 

I'd have loved this as a gift!

Respected Contributor

Perhaps a set of nice ivory sheets and a bottle of good champagne ! HeartHeart

-Texas Hill Country-