Super Contributor

Re: Anyone have a toddler diva

Great posts, shoekitty and OP! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}OP, it sounds as though you enjoy your little niece...your description made me smile. Sounds like she'll have a personality....not a bad thing at all! Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

Hello, ccassaday. Smile

It sounds like your niece is already very much into clothes and maybe even fashion. Don't let her near QVC! She'll see the inventory and might want to buy everything! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Cookie06 said:

I feel so bad for posters that get attacked. I have been attacked like this and it is not fun. I am sure that the OP simply thought it is amazing to her and her sister that a three year old actually cares about what she is wearing.

I agree! Enjoy your niece OP. Don't let the bullies get to you. They're certainly not worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh gosh she has a big personality. It's in the genes. Her six year old brother has a big one also.I am living with my parents now because I got sick and am disabled(unrelated to the sickness). My mom watches her a few days a week and she is so much fun.
Esteemed Contributor

Shoe kitty your post made me laugh. It sounds so familiar.
Contributor

People need to quit being so nasty in these posts. I do not see what was so bad about what the poster said that she had to be attacked like that.

Respected Contributor

On 9/22/2014 Issiestorm said:
On 9/22/2014 Cookie06 said:

I feel so bad for posters that get attacked. I have been attacked like this and it is not fun. I am sure that the OP simply thought it is amazing to her and her sister that a three year old actually cares about what she is wearing.

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

I agree! Enjoy your niece OP. Don't let the bullies get to you. They're certainly not worth it.

I agree too. I can't believe people get upset over the dangdest things. Brother!

This is totally normal behavior for toddlers.

I remember when my grandaughter (around age 3) got a tutu and she wanted to wear it every day. My daughter would hide it from her a lot. One day it the cold winter she threw a fit and wanted to wear it to the store. My daughter just let her wear it with a winter coat over it.

Like another poster said, fight the more important battles.

Oh, I have a retail store. It was really hot summer and a lady brought her little 2 or 3 year old little boy in wearing a winter coat in the hot summer. She said he insisted on wearing it with his boots. She shrugged her shoulders and laughed.

Esteemed Contributor

Lol. Today we are having warm weather and she said I am going to go home and put shorts on. Thanks for some of you getting what I was trying to say.
Esteemed Contributor

Starting at the age of 18 mos., my daughter and I went to a mother daughter play/class twice a week 9 a.m.-12 p.m.. At one point during the morning, the moms sat down at the long table with a child psychologist and child sociologist.

I recall an excellent lesson learned by all at that table: "You can either teach your child the meaning of the word "No" when they are old enough to understand it, or try and fail when they are 13."

Because I had already trained my daughter not to touch or destroy things, we had no problem taking her anywhere. Additionally, though she was allowed clothing choices, it usually amounted to color choices, which is fine for a pre-schooler. However, there were many times when I called the shots regarding what she wore and we had no problems because she knew who the boss was.

If there was a diva in our house, it was me because I was a singer performing on stage after work.

p.s. My daughter is the sweetest most kindest person you would ever want to know. And, her patients call her a "healer."