Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a toddler diva

On 9/16/2014 ckr1147 said:

Oh lighten up people....let the kid wear what she wants until it rots off her back...some kids get on a kick about clothes or certain foods...they get over it...it's not a huge deal...save your energy for important issues.

So true and I agree!

Respected Contributor

I would put out three outfits the night before she goes to bed and she gets to choose which one she wants. This will still make her she feels like she has a choice and make the next morning go easier.

Honored Contributor

My niece would tell her what to wear because as she says, mostly as an adult you don't get to choose so you'd better face the facts early. Maybe severe but she has a point I guess. . . Maybe most days make the decision for her and on special occasions or as a treat let her pick the outfit? I'll suggest that . . .

Honored Contributor

From your point of view I can see how it's amusing but try living with it...

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/17/2014 haddon9 said:

From your point of view I can see how it's amusing but try living with it...

You guys took this thread way to serious. I am disabled and live with my parents. My mom watches her a few days a week so I do live with it. Haven't a y of your children had a favourite food or piece of clothing.
Trusted Contributor

Oh lighten up people....let the kid wear what she wants until it rots off her back...some kids get on a kick about clothes or certain foods...they get over it...it's not a huge deal...save your energy for important issues.

Super Contributor

On 9/16/2014 ccassaday said: I never said how it was dealt with. We just think it's funny because at three she is so into what she is wearing.

I hope you take lots of photos of her. She must be so cute. Enjoy your niece. They grow so fast.

Super Contributor

On 9/21/2014 MsLomo said:

Respected Contributor

I don't consider this to be the least bit funny or cute. I can't stand girls, at any age, who act like divas; pose w/ hands on the hip, act rude, opinionated, entitled, etc., What's worse, are parents/mom's who condone the behavior and find it cute.

The word/term, "Diva" is not a positive word nor is it a compliment! I would be mortified if anyone thought that my daughter behaved like one.

Esteemed Contributor

Your taking what I said way to serious. Every kid goes through phases with clothes and food.