Trusted Contributor

Re: Sneak Peek - Status Print Tunic!

@golding76, I think that scarf print was an 80’s Karl Lagerfeld print. As you may recall he was also the one who brought the CC’s to the Chanel bag along with the chain/leather strap. Chanel’s original design was of a much more understated mademoiselle clasp and delicate, jewelry like, chain (now called the re-issue).
Trusted Contributor

As I remember, the Greek Key design was first identified in ancient Greece.  The lotus flower and palmette motifs also appeared at that same time, along with the swastica!!! 

What is interesting is that motifs tend to appear, then reappear, then re-reappear down through the ages.  Many of them originated in nature, but others, like the Greek Key and the swastica, were designed.  Some are taken from natural phenomina, like Haley's Comet, which appeared in some indignous Polynesian designs, mainly woodprints.  Motifs also travelled along trade routes and are brought back to the country of origin of the traders.  There was a revival of Egyptain design brout back to FRance after one of Napolian's campaigns.   There is always something going on in the contemporaneous world that gives rise to either original motifs or revivals. 

Contributor

Anyone? Anyone? Received this yet? Order says still.......processing........?

Respected Contributor

There are two - 5 Star Reviews posted for this Top.
Esteemed Contributor

@patches73 

I received the black status print top a week ago. I commented on it in the Where's the Nugget Jewelry and Status Print Tops thread, which is a little further down in this forum. Let me know if you have any questions. ♡♡♡