Honored Contributor

Re: Linea Live- Who's watching?

@lianne wrote:

@sunshine45

Louis said on his blog and again today not to size up unless you plan on wearing a lot of layers under the coat.  I usually size down in his coats but stayed true to size

thanks @lianne

i was just a bit worried about the hip area......i do like to layer, but not bulky layers at all. i guess i will go with the medium.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@10000Nicknames wrote:

For you who own the mulberry like me, do you think the imperial violet is too close in color?  Should I go for the pink instead?  Have all of them in my cart at the moment.  Help!

Not even close---completely different---Mulberry has pink/red undertones, Imperial Violet is all Blue Violet---different vibrancy, too. I have both.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49

Pardon my butting in, but I wondered if you ever rec'd your moto jacket?  I know you have a thread about it around here somewhere, but I haven't seen it lately and I'm just wondering...it was a fiasco and I hope you finally got it and love it!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Maxine49

Pardon my butting in, but I wondered if you ever rec'd your moto jacket?  I know you have a thread about it around here somewhere, but I haven't seen it lately and I'm just wondering...it was a fiasco and I hope you finally got it and love it!!

I've had periodic trouble trying to log on to the Forum...anyway, my original Moto arrived 16 days after I ordered it and there was a deep straight cut about 4 inches down the collar--almost looked like a box cutter cut, but the packaging was pristine, so it happened at the factory before it was wrapped. The "back up" order arrived  a few days prior to that and it was OK---not really loving it, to be honest. The leather "sections" are not of the same quality or appearance--i.e., some are smooth and substantial, others are thin, wrinkled/mottled---and I don't mean folding creases, either. And when those difference in quality in the leather pieces are adjacent to each other, it is very apparent. Honestly, I don't know what I am going to do yet.  Frankly, I am worn out by this entire Moto ordeal. I envy those who got a perfect or near perfect jacket.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49 wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Maxine49

I've had periodic trouble trying to log on to the Forum...anyway, my original Moto arrived 16 days after I ordered it and there was a deep straight cut about 4 inches down the collar--almost looked like a box cutter cut, but the packaging was pristine, so it happened at the factory before it was wrapped. The "back up" order arrived  a few days prior to that and it was OK---not really loving it, to be honest. The leather "sections" are not of the same quality or appearance--i.e., some are smooth and substantial, others are thin, wrinkled/mottled---and I don't mean folding creases, either. And when those difference in quality in the leather pieces are adjacent to each other, it is very apparent. Honestly, I don't know what I am going to do yet.  Frankly, I am worn out by this entire Moto ordeal. I envy those who got a perfect or near perfect jacket.

@Maxine49

Oh no, I'm sorry!  After all that mess with the 1st one, the 2nd one not being up to par is a huge disappointment...I don't blame you for being worn out over the whole danged thing.  Thin, mottled leather sections are totally unacceptable!  Quality control must have been asleep...if they actually have quality control anymore.  Is it worth the effort to take pics and see if they'll give you a discount (if you want to keep it, that is)?

Esteemed Contributor

@Maxine49

I just realized there are some sizes/colors left...more than I would have figured...if your color/size is still available, get them to pay for all returns and for expedited shipping of a 3rd one! 

Honored Contributor

I had yoga class and then some errands so I did not see the show.  Went back and watched a couple of the videos.  Was surprised the zebra coat did not sell out.  Great price. 

Super Contributor

Perhaps the zebra coat didn't sell out because there has been so much hesitation over what size to order.  I have gone back and forth between the small and the medium wondering which one.  Finally I chose to pay attention to Louis' admonition to stay true to your size in most cases and went with the medium in the gray color.  Still I wonder if the small would be better, yet I'll wait and see how the medium fits.  I really liked the tobacco color as well but with this question about the fit thought it best to get only one coat right now. 

Valued Contributor

If I didn't live where it is still 90 degrees right now (gross) I would have bought the zebra in tobacco in a heartbeat. We will be retiring in a few years and moving someplace where there are seasons and nice cool weather, so I am even tempted to buy it for the future. But then I look in the closet and see other coats that I have had for years that are still in great shape and can't justify the purchase. Good quality coats last forever, unfortunately!!! I do love that tobacco/topaz/clay color this year. 

Respected Contributor

I think the only reason the Zebra coat did not totally sell out  was the sizing issue.  I bet it will sell out when reviews start coming in.  I had the same issue with the Cady shirt in alabaster.  One of the ways I intend to wear the shirt is to belt it with an obi belt (not GILI) and wear with my Linea Lt. Khaki slim ankle pants.  Louis also said he will be offering pants in the spring in alabaster. 

On another front i am going on a trip in early November to Tennessee to see family.  My whole suitcase will be Linea starting with the Zebra coat in Tobacco/black.