Esteemed Contributor

Considering this top in blue...couple questions please...

Is it a lighter blue (not navy)?

The henley sweep seems large...60.5 in med.  The raglan top (same material as henley, I believe) has a sweep of 46.5 in med.  I have the raglan and it fits fine.  However, I also have the ENR swing sweater, which has a sweep of 66.5 and it fits fine.  The 2 fabrics are completely different, I know.  So, I guess the question is:  Does the henley have enough drape (like the swing sweater does) to flow and fall without accentuating one's hips?  Some of the reviews seem to indicate that it billows out in the waist and hip area.

Thanks so much to all the wonderful Linea Ladies who are so helpful!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I own the moss color but I thought from the presentation that it was navy.  I brought my regular size xl because I am busty not hippy and it falls very nicely more a-line not tight and I definitely did not have any billowing out at the waist and hips.  The material is pretty substantial I found it very flattering and slimming.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

This is from my review: Blue is denim friendly but it is not a navy blue so I will not pair this with the Leisure navy pants. I do like it with my Leisure black or white pants. Hoping the new gray coming will work with this blue top.

I would go by the chest measurement for ordering this and in this case, I bought the Small-- I have a 36C bra.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom

@Luvitorleaveit1

Thanks.  I think the med chest measurement will fit me, but it's that sweep that I'm worried about...judging by the raglan top, it doesn't seem as if this fabric will drape and flow (certainly not like the swing ENR).  Is the henley the exact same fabric as the raglan?  If it doesn't drape well, a sweep of 60" is going to poof out!

Honored Contributor

Re: A267874 HENLEY

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF

No, the two fabrics are different. Check if the 60" is a circumference vs. a side to side measurement.  I think w/o looking at click here that its a circumference measurement. Let me see what the Small is on sweep BRB.

ETA: I just measured the sweep and its 56.5 on the bottom; it is definitely A lined and swing type A line, IMO

The chest measurement 1" below armholes is 39"

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

I bought my normal xs, and mine is more circular at the bottom rather than triangular like tha swing sweater that I did not like at all. I got the moss, love the color, but it is very generous and I am guessing that is what was intended. I could wear a turtleneck underneath it with no problem if I were someplace where it actually got cold. It is an interesting fabrication too. Like the heathered look!

Esteemed Contributor

@JustJazzmom

It is different fabric!  Mostly poly, which would have more drape than cotton.  I assumed the leisure line was all the same fabric. 

And, it does say the "curved bottom opening circ" rather than sweep...but, what the heck is the difference??!  I hope I don't have to keep my eye open for "circ" vs. "sweep" now!!

Esteemed Contributor

@cotto22

Yeah, I like the look of that fabric, too...casual looking.