Valued Contributor

Question - LOGO vs Susan Graver

A question for all the LOGO ladies out there.  Do you ever buy Susan Graver?  I never do because it's polyester.  But I'm wondering how Susan's poly feels compared to Lori's rayon/span.  Some of Susan's tanks look nice, but I'm afraid they would be hot.

If you have both, please let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question - LOGO vs Susan Graver

I haven't purchased her line for the same reason----most garments seem to be 100% poly and I'm not a fan (makes me perspire and goodness knows I don't need any help there particularly in the spring/summer...haha).  I also much prefer the look and style of Lori's clothes over Susan Graver. Sorry I'm not much help, @Stevie Nix

Trusted Contributor

@AZ girl wrote:

I haven't purchased her line for the same reason----most garments seem to be 100% poly and I'm not a fan (makes me perspire and goodness knows I don't need any help there particularly in the spring/summer...haha).  I also much prefer the look and style of Lori's clothes over Susan Graver. Sorry I'm not much help, @Stevie Nix

@Stevie Nix I do have some Graver tops. By comparison (liquid knit vs. rayon span) I find the LOGO rayon span to be softer, lighter and more breathable. They both can have the issue of clinging-to and highlighting undergarments and bumps and bulges we would rather not emphasize. There are different weights of the rayon-span and it also depends on the cut of the top. If you are very concerned about the clinging, you may want to try other LOGO fabrics like slub knit, heathered rayon span or the cotton slub.

Valued Contributor

@aprimo @AZ girl - Thanks for your replies.  You have confirmed what I thought to be the case.

@aprimo - I have way tooooo much Logo - I have every fabrication she has made.  I like them all.   They all have a purpose and a place in my closet and heart!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thats like comparing apples and oranges as they have few similarities.  I occasionally buy a Graver piece but the prices on Logo are riduculous.  I'd never pay $70. for a top. 

I survived seven West Texas summers, up to 120° one year, wearing Susan Graver and didn't find it hot at all. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

You cannot compare LOGO with Graver ... there is absolutely no comparison.... forget about the fabric just compare the styles .... absolutely no comparison at all !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I have several pieces in both lines.  I do find them quite different, however, I never feel warm in Susans clothes as they are very light against the skin.   Also Logo is quite comfortable.   Beware of Susans tanks though, they are quite pretty,but armholes are a big problem.  I always have to have them closed in a bit and I am an average size girl. I haven't had that problem with Logo.

Regular Contributor

I buy from Susan unfortunately I Can Not afford LOGO, but I find Susan clothing very comfortable. I'm in Florida and I do not find them heavy at all.

Contributor

Hi

Yes i have purchased Susans items, I love her liquid knit. I know most think of the 60-70"s but this is great. I like that the backs are not hugging. They are not hot in the summer. I do buy way to much Logo but i cant help my self. I have also put some of Logo tanks under Susans tops and they look great too.

I love the way the Liquid knit does not wrikel at all. I like taking it when i travel. I can wash it and just hang it to dry, you can dry them but i just like to hang them to keep them crisp looking.

I think you should try one and see if you like it. It is really different from back in the days. I know a lot of people just wont buy it because it is poly.

Good luck, hope it helped a little.

Super Contributor

@Stevie Nix I have a wonderful susan graver cardigan in liquid knit that I wear when I travel and wear my logo tanks under. I like that it doesn't wrinlke thus great to travel with.

I also have 2 tanks but I don't wear them as much as they are much shorter than logo tanks but again great for traveling. Those are the only 3 pieces I have of SG. The knit is a bit heavier but Not too hot for me in FL.