Valued Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

@allaries did they advertise them as coming from usa ? are you offended because you might seem cheap buying a made in china gloves?  how were the gloves? reason you couldn't rebox them into a nice gift bag?  

sorry, i don't see what you are upset about.

I is far from the reason you stated and if I answered it would be seen as political. So will not answer. 

Honored Contributor

@lcubedsudbury wrote:
I ordered these for my two grown sons. They use them and never complained about them not doing their job. Don’t know what the fuss is about.

Ditto @lcubedsudbury 

I have gifted them and have 2 sets myself....

@allaries 

Of course they are from China...otherwise you would pay 3x as much.

Description clearly says imported.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't throw them out if you don't like them....use them for gardening, or like I do...to firmly keep a grasp on the steering wheel of my riding mower...those grippy things help hold on!! Or put them in the trunk or back of your car....you can ALWAYS use a pair of gloves sooner or later....

I always try to find another use for things that don't work as planned, and oddly enough, Temptations is a product I no longer buy, but have repurposed many of the things I WAS foolish enough to buy when I bought into the hype...

Bowls became a place to put a flower pot into ( I get compliments on my pretty "planters"!! in summer!!) on the patio....

The "lid -ts" trays and the bakers make great places to set plants that you winter over in the house...much prettier than a plain plastic round tray...to catch the water....

The Zippered carriers they sold a few years ago ( to carry an 9x13 baker?)...cheap as heck zippers...BUT...they made a fine place to store a pair of boots for the off season so they don't get all dusty in a closet! I don't zip the zipper so a little air can circualate...just put a little sticky on the outside so you can remember what you already have before you order more boots !!!

I no longer would buy Temptations anything and have not for a LONG time. 

Their older stuff was prettier, but all those wire baskets had to go eventually.

I saw my garbage man pick them out of the box I set out for trash day ..they had the wicker bottoms...they were clean and still useable, I just didn't want all that clutter any longer in my basement!!! Made me happy that someone else could get some use out of them!

Frequent Contributor
My last Temptations order was the wrong pattern and the paint job was terrible. I'm done. Luckily QVC is offering other bakeware options.
Respected Contributor

@Bookplate wrote:

The gloves are garbage.  I have burned myself while wearing them; the heat comes through the gloves.  I believe that everything that Temptations make comes from China.  If you look at the description, it says "imported."  The fact that they are made in China does not preclude quality; it is the Temptations brand that accepts these poor quality items as something they are willing to put their name on.

@Bookplate   

I use the Temptations oven gloves all the time and have never burned myself. I have several pair that work well.  Maybe you got a defective pair.  

When Temptaions was introduced I ended up ordering alot of the products and bought alot of the floral lace of the cranberry and the grape but i know longer have any of the stuff I bought because i lost my storage locker. And as I watch more products come out that Tara comes out but the thing that bothers me is that the  items that she brings out has s hort time span and then tara says that she is all of a sudden is getting discontinued but it hasnt even been out that long. Most of the items should have a 6 month time span before getting discontinued. Also I have some ideas that maybe Tara would be interested in so if I could get in touch with her I would greatly appreciate it because I am always thinking of ways to improve or redesign products.