Regular Contributor

I do not use facebook. I value my privacy.  I have also read that if you "like" someone from QVC on facebook, every follower is notified.  Not at all a fan of Mr. Venable either.  Grandpa in the Polish dialect my mother's family used was Dziadzia (Jaja).  Italian relatives on dad's side so much easier, Nonna and Nonno, hew!!!  I also was raised with the use of marinara or red sauce, since spaghetti is a pasta, and the sauce is used on many other types of pasta.  To each his own, I guess.  I just do not care for ignorant pronunciations, so if you don't know, ask someone who knows.

Respected Contributor

They must not be Seinfeld fans. Remember the chocolate Babka episode?

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

I do not use facebook. I value my privacy.  I have also read that if you "like" someone from QVC on facebook, every follower is notified.  Not at all a fan of Mr. Venable either.  Grandpa in the Polish dialect my mother's family used was Dziadzia (Jaja).  Italian relatives on dad's side so much easier, Nonna and Nonno, hew!!!  I also was raised with the use of marinara or red sauce, since spaghetti is a pasta, and the sauce is used on many other types of pasta.  To each his own, I guess.  I just do not care for ignorant pronunciations, so if you don't know, ask someone who knows.

@comedy clubber  Who would have guessed??  You apparently watch ITKWD just so you can post disparaging things about David -- you have many anti-David posts in this forum.  It's getting very, very old.

As someone else stated, he apologized for any mispronunciation of the word, as it was a trivia question, not a part of his item presentations. 

Valued Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

They must not be Seinfeld fans. Remember the chocolate Babka episode?

@tucsongal   Yes, also the Marble Rye, lol!!   Woman LOL

Regular Contributor

In this world  not everyone has to like everyone.  Personally, I like people who do not grandstand and act their age.  As I said on another post, it saddens me that Dan Hughes may be leaving QVC.  His calmness, age appropriate behavior, tolerance of others, and professionalism will be sorely missed. 

I am so sorry that whack-a-doodles offend me with childish comments, belittling comments, and cute behaviors, but as a mature adult I expect other mature adults to act the same. I can only hope that the British gentleman will add more maturity to QVC.    I usually just have any QVC program on for noise, while my room mate and I may order things with her account.

I repeat, not everyone has to like everyone, and everyone has a right to their opinion.  Until the Supreme court repeals the First Amendment, that is the law of our land.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

In this world  not everyone has to like everyone.  Personally, I like people who do not grandstand and act their age.  As I said on another post, it saddens me that Dan Hughes may be leaving QVC.  His calmness, age appropriate behavior, tolerance of others, and professionalism will be sorely missed. 

I am so sorry that whack-a-doodles offend me with childish comments, belittling comments, and cute behaviors, but as a mature adult I expect other mature adults to act the same. I can only hope that the British gentleman will add more maturity to QVC.    I usually just have any QVC program on for noise, while my room mate and I may order things with her account.

I repeat, not everyone has to like everyone, and everyone has a right to their opinion.  Until the Supreme court repeals the First Amendment, that is the law of our land.

@comedy clubber, yes, and you also have the right to bash a host repeatedly. But others have the right to disagree and to question the reason for it. In this particular instance, I think you are really overreaching.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Hold on here.  When did Dan say he was leaving and who is this British person? 

Respected Contributor

Re: for your shows!!!

[ Edited ]

comedyclubber, I must say you are an enigma.  Someone who is offended  by childish comments yet enjoys comedy clubs, wants adult maturity yet uses a roommates account for QVC orders, uses QVC channel for background noise when British genteel is a preference, who values privacy but tells us a lot.  Just odd, that's all.  

"Mr. Venable" tries to please most of us best as he can.