Honored Contributor

I think..... I saw one of the gourmet shows, that I watched  for a minute this week,  that  there was 3# of shrimp for-------$90 !!!????? Are you kidding me???? I can get incredible shrimp, fresh and sustanable in all ways,  where I live, anytime of year and pay 1/4 of that price per pound---------and most times on sale. Holy cow !!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: $$$$$$ for shrimp !!!!!!!

It may shock some people, but fresh seafood or gourmet cakes are NOT available in every part of the country.  That might just be why QVC sells those items.

Esteemed Contributor

I've not seen these presented, but would not buy seafood from QVC.  However, my sis told me she ordered some frozen Seabass recently while watching the Q.

Of course, it's everyone choice, but, for my money, I'll buy local, fresh Rockfish in Maryland.  It beats almost anything I can buy frozen elsewhere.  It runs around $14 a pound when the store has it. 

Cannot imagine why shrimp would cost so much.

Esteemed Contributor

It's good your are fortunate to live near a coast or have fresh seafood available - but what if you lived in  the middle of Kansas or Philly?  There's always two sides of every criticism.

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I think..... I saw one of the gourmet shows, that I watched  for a minute this week,  that  there was 3# of shrimp for-------$90 !!!????? Are you kidding me???? I can get incredible shrimp, fresh and sustanable in all ways,  where I live, anytime of year and pay 1/4 of that price per pound---------and most times on sale. Holy cow !!!!!

ITA @wagirl   but it isn't just the shrimp. It is for a majority of the Q's seafood. Outrageous and unwarranted prices. Look at their lobster prices.  A consumer can go online and get it straight from a company that will ship it to you fresh, a whole lobster, not just a tail for a lot less. convenience is not a reason to gouge people on price.

Esteemed Contributor

@mac116 Thank you for your opinion.   Some people so quick to yell without thinking first. 

Respected Contributor

@wagirlI saw that same presentation and thought the same thing.  I can easily get it so much cheaper in my hometown.....and I don't live anywhere near where shrimp are harvested.

Honored Contributor

If people are willing to pay the prices QVC charges for their gourmet foods, so be it.  They most all seem over-priced, yet there are often sell-outs.  

Valued Contributor

@wagirl  It's not just shrimp, it's most everything on the menu. They try saying how "affordable" it is per serving compared to eating it in a restaurant, but in that restaurant I get my food cooked, served with sides, and I have no clean-up after the meal is done. Instead of figuring per serving, it should be figured per pound and then you see just how over priced it really is. 

Trusted Contributor

This shrimp comes frozen.

Grocery stores in Iowa have frozen shrimp!

All you have to do is make sure where it comes from.

This is America and we can get anything we want by going to any number of stores or online.

$30 a pound is insane.