Honored Contributor

Re: Who remembers Polish Stoneware

@Noel7 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

@Deanie wrote:

I just went onto the Zanger site and was surprised to see a message from Gloria whereby she is retiring from the business.  Love my Polish Stoneware purchased from the Q over the years.  I remember waiting for a TSV to arrive with PS as the offering.  I am wondering, does that mean that we must now look elsewhere for this particular brand?

@Deanie  Yes, you will need to buy that brand somewhere else.  You can do a Google search for it, and there are several places that sell it.  I have some pieces of it, too, that I bought from QVC, Gloria and other places.  Nothing compares to that particular brand of PS.

I totally agree!

I see a lot of PS out there and I've never seen any to match the intricacies and fine quality of the brand Gloria brought.

I have maybe 6 pieces, and I love them, but don't anticipate buying more. I like my table to match/coordinate closely, and this line is just way too expensive for me to put together the complete package that I would want to make a proper tablescape.

QVC really messed up doing away with this particular line, and nothing they have brought in since really compares.

I understand some things have their 'time' but the PS shows were still selling out of most of their offerings, and they seemed to have a strong customer base here. I wonder what they were thinking? 

@Mominohio

I have a lot of Polish stoneware, including plates, but I bought four piece sets of Fiestaware LAPIS BLUE to mix in with the PS.  It works really well, sometimes I just want a simpler look to the table instead of all PS.

@Noel7

I bet that Fiesta does look great with the PS. 

That was another problem for me as well, the oversaturation of too much pattern on the table. I used to love a lot of pattern (think 1990's flora wallpaper and Laura Ashley floral sheets, lots of pretty prints mixed and matched to coordinate), but as time passes, I'm eliminating some of the pattern from my life. Things just got to looking too busy for me.

And as stunning as it is, the PS when setting a complete table with dinnerware and all, could be a little overwhelming for me. I often use a solid base for my Temp-tations prints as well. It seems that while I still love a beautiful print, I'm needing less of it in one space or at one time than in days past.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who remembers Polish Stoneware

I have many CA signature pieces and still like them very much. I have mugs, bowls, and accessories. But I never went for the tableware. I prefer these beautiful patterned pieces as a complement either to white dishes or very lighty patterned (our china, which we hardly ever use, is bone with band design in blue and gold).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland