Occasional Contributor

Re: White Castle Hamburgers, please fill me in

Ick! Really bad. ( Google worst restaurants, and it gets lots of votes.)
Valued Contributor

I'm another one that has never had a WC burger! Have always heard about them but none anywhere in this area...we have lots of Krystal's but was never a fan of those. I've seen the frozen 6/8 pak in the stores but thought that those wouldn't be a true taste test of what they are like right when ordering them fresh!

Trusted Contributor

Not a health officer , but just a warning - do stock up on Charmin, Cottonelle, or your TP of choice- before experiencing a White Castle!{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}{#emotions_dlg.blink}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Esteemed Contributor

Nasty.

Trusted Contributor

Omg! I used to go with my Parents when we Lived in Cahokia IL and in Alton IL. We had to go to the closest one to us which was in MO. How we loved the Burgers and we enjoyed watching them being made. This was like 40 years ago. I once read in our local newspaper making Liver Pate from the Burgers and so I never ate them again. I now live in another State and no White Castles except in Frozen Foods at the Grocery Store.

Respected Contributor

They use to be good after the 1970's it is a mystery burger just smaller....

Respected Contributor

VIDEO way before McDonalds

White Castle | Fast Food Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSYlFMylrWI

They use to be good after the 1970's it is a mystery burger just smaller....

History

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/w/White_Castle?rec=1005

Honored Contributor

I haven't had one in years. I see the frozen ones in the store. Hubby liked them but I thought they were just ok.

Respected Contributor

On 2/17/2015 Mary Bailey said:
On 2/17/2015 sophiamarie said:
On 2/17/2015 MarthaStewardess said:

White Castle = Yuck. Nasty, greasy stuff lol. I remember a friend used to call it the F a r t Palace. I've always heard people say they only go in there when they are drunk or after a night out drinking.

Wow - I never heard a single person say that. Maybe that's because I don't know anyone who spends their nights out drinking......{#emotions_dlg.lol}

i went before my O B visits, with 2 pregnancies. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Sounds dangerous.............for the O B

Honored Contributor

On 2/18/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 2/14/2015 shoekitty said:

Tell what these hamburgers are like, blow by blow and how much they cost. I heard they used to be 10 cents? Please fill me in. I am in California and have never had one, but saw some in the frozen food section today. They look like sliders to me .I don't eat meat, but they looked good. They are small? I would appreciate any info on them.

Are you thinking of trying one?

I live in California, and I don't eat meat, but I was intrigued~ IDK why, but they look a good junk food.{#emotions_dlg.scared} You know when ya just gotta have fast food. I was also intrigued by the loyalty, and how most people I know who lived back East as a kid, remember them with such fondness.

I have learned a lot too. Did you know they get 18 "hamburgers" to a pound?