Honored Contributor

What's your favorite way to store coffee?

[ Edited ]

Some of you buy whole beans and grind your own.

Some buy already ground beans.

I grind the coffee beans at the store.

I found a really effective ground coffee storage container made by Oxo in its Pet Pop line.  It's got an airtight lid that just pops off after you press the big button in the center of the lid.  There is also one with dark sides made especially for coffee, but since I keep mine in a cupboard, I don't need that version.

(I suppose this line was meant for pet food, but it's an empty container so the name really is irrelevant.)

I have several of these containers in which I keep different types of flour and other stuff, but I find that this container does a pretty good job of keeping the ground coffee decently fresh. 

What are some of the ways you've found that keep ground coffee fresh?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite way to store coffee?

@GingerPeach wrote:

I found a really effective ground coffee storage container made by Oxo in its Pet Pop line.  It's got an airtight lid that just pops off after you press the big button in the center of the lid.  There is also one with dark sides made especially for coffee, but since I keep mine in a cupboard, I don't need that version.

(I supposed this line was meant for pet food, but it's an empty container so the name really is irrelevant.)

Thank you for this tip!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

i have two gevalia crock containers that have a seal and a metal clasp. i have one in white for decaf and one in black for regular. if i have more open coffees then i store other ones in tall lock and lock containers.

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/111703950943_1.jpg

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/pict/331630641272_1.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for tip @GingerPeach

I am using two Lock and Lock clear containers--one for decaf and one for regular.

But your container is really attractive and a very good solution.  Like you, I grind mine at the store.  Peet's is my favorite.

Contributor

Yep lock n lock for me.

Honored Contributor

I buy `12 oz bags........and put in glass cannister.    It doesn't last very long.............I drink at least 4 pots a day.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

just purchased a round ceramic container with an air tight lid which I hope will work great...I keep it in a cabinet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Air tight glass canisters/containers.  Also: large canning jars.   They should be on sale during this time of year.  (I have Kerr and also Ball.)  Just Web search: 'Large canning jars'.   There are 1/2 gal. size options and also 32oz size, among other various sizes.   I prefer wide-mouth, if and when available.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

I store my ground coffe in Lock & Lock containers!!!!! 😄

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I buy `12 oz bags........and put in glass cannister.    It doesn't last very long.............I drink at least 4 pots a day.......................

@Desertdi

4 POTS? wow, that is a lot of coffee!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein