Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May - it got here really fast!!

Happy weekend!

Tonight, I will be making sweet cherry peppers, only can find these at Trader Joe's, stuffed with fresh parmesan, which is the cheese when it is young before it becomes hard, only can find it at Costco in the Spring, with a vinaigrette poured over and baked until the cheese melts, with crusty french bread for sopping, and a light green salad.

Respected Contributor

Mousiegirl, your meal for this evening sure looks good. I cheated - went to Ky Fried Chicken - have not had any in a long time and I dearly love that chicken. Got a bucket of chicken, slaw, mashed taters, gravy and biscuits. Can't do any better than that.

Really cold outside. Brrrr. More rain due tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred wrote:

Mousiegirl, your meal for this evening sure looks good. I cheated - went to Ky Fried Chicken - have not had any in a long time and I dearly love that chicken. Got a bucket of chicken, slaw, mashed taters, gravy and biscuits. Can't do any better than that.

Really cold outside. Brrrr. More rain due tomorrow.

@Winifred Happy Mother's Day. Smiley Happy

I love KF hot wings, ordered a lot of those during the remodeling a few years ago. Smiley Happy  I finally found a recipe for cole slaw that I like as well, if not better, than KF, but for years I thought it was the best ever, still is good.

When DD was little, one of her friend's parents owned one, so whenever we threw parties for the kids, usually pool parties at a friend's house, he would bring tons of "fresh" fried, so crispy and yummy.  Whenever I order the wings, I ask for fresh fried and just wait until they are ready as I want to make sure they are crispy, food snob, aren't I, lol.

Valued Contributor

Yes, the 24 has been there for awhile. I have been on here for I think 18 years. During one of the many "upgrades", I had to totally re-register. I couldn't use just Soushi, so I added the 24 for my birthday date.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Bev. Guess I am just getting senile. Need to work on that.

Respected Contributor

Evening all, well the house has quieted down, the kids brought appetizers from Outback, so we really had a good meal, love eating like that, a little of this, a little of that, works out perfectly. but  a little too cool to eat on the deck.

@Soushi24, my B day is also 24 (Sept) 

@Winifred, made me think of what my doctor always says "old age ain't for sissies"

@mousiegirl those peppers sure sound good, will have to look for the cheese, did't know that

@Preds as usual great pix

@flbettyboop enjoy yours also

Hope all had a good Mother's Day

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cooked these for dinner tonight, first time, and they were delicious!  DH had them on a bun, I just had mine on a plate with a green salad.  For more info, you can go to The Laughing Spatula.  It is a paleo recipe, healthy and low fat.

I used cayene instead of chiles, added more salt, used much more garlic, love it, used ground turkey because that is what I had, bought at Costco, used Panko bread crumbs, use these all the time, and fried them in a pan instead of grilling, less fat if grilling, but I used extra virgin olive oil, good fat. Smiley Happy.  I was worried that the turkey would be dry, but the burgers were moist and flavorful, and the little avocado chunks stayed whole.

Chicken Avocado Burgers

Serves: 4 Burgers
Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground chicken
  • 1 large ripe avocado - cut into chunks
  • 1 chopped clove of garlic
  • ⅓ cup Panko crumbs or Almond meal (to keep it Paleo friendly )
  • 1 minced Poblano or Jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended)
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper

Instructions
  1. Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
  2. Shape into desired size patties and grill inside or out!
Respected Contributor

Looks mighty good to me!!

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."