Honored Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in May - it got here really fast!!

@Laura14 wrote:

I made homemade tomato sauce and meatballs last night.  Tonight, I do something with my chicken breasts...  

Lift, bread and fry?  Bake chop and add to salads?  So many options.  I bake or grill, crockpot or BBQ. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Roasted Asparagus

Place rack in lowest position-put pan rack- heat to 500 degrees

Trim bottom 1 inch of asparagus off

Toss with 2 T. olive oil, salt, pepper

Transfer asparagus to preheated sheet pan, spread in a layer

Roast till brown, 8-10 minutes

Transfer to plate-drizzle with 2 t. of olive oil if desired (I didn't do it)

very good

Respected Contributor

Pooky1, I am a firm believer in making meals to last more than one sitting. Course with teens around that occasionally becomes difficult. I do try and cook enough for at least two meals however - saves $$ and a lot of time. And as old as I am getting, anything helps.

Soushi, that asparagus looks scrumptious.

Got a tad chilly, then the sun came out yet my house is still a tad cool inside.

Glad to see you people stopping by - I was sure getting a bit lonesome. Also some great ideas on food - am always looking for something "different."

Should mention that tomorrow I need to feed the feathered ones AGAIN!!! They too get hungry.

Have a nice evening one and all.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Woke up to rain and it is C O L D!!!!!! Brrr. The experts say we will have a couple days of this and it will start to warm up again. Suspect this time it will basically stay warm most of the time, after all it is May. one thing that happens here in Sou Cal however, we can have this up and down temp thing until about the second week of June. I remember each year when kids are in school you have to dress them in layers in June. One minute it is cold and the next they are sweating. Always thought that was strange.

Well today is the kids Mom's BD. Have not planned anything but should do something. Even at her age she loves hot dogs so may have Davey fire up the grill - providing there is a break in the rain and fix some. Come to think of it, that may not work. But can always fix them inside.

HOPE ONE AND ALL have a very good day!

Trusted Contributor

13177077_701444263330282_8867120576911089011_n.jpg

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

I'm starting to cook a little. Had chicken strips in freezer so I thawed them, floured, and cooked. I cooked more than I needed so I can just grab one as needed.

Do try the asparagus recipe. It truly is easy and so good.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, going to be 80ish today but then cooling off tomorrow, seems like most are having this up/down weather

@Soushi24, glad you're back, just take baby steps.  I love asparagus roasted, I also sprinkle some breadcrumbs/romano cheese over mine. 

Tonite is BBQ ribs, will start in a slow oven for an hour or 2, then finish on the grill, McCains baby cakes & a salad.

I like the idea of cooking ahead, especially when working, makes it so much easier, much like crock pot cooking

Welcome all you newbies, like hearing from you

Honored Contributor

Respected Contributor

@Soushi24 glad to see you back here and that asparagus sure looks good to me. Now tell me, am I stupid or something. I just noticed the 24 by your name. Are you going to tell me it has always been there?

Rain most of the day yesterday, no grille cooking whatsoever. Not sure what today will bring. You just never know about the weather here in Sou Cal. My brother is having snow up in the hills above me - and they can use it too but the slopes have longed closed due to little snow - AGAIN - this year.

Those poor feathered ones outside still have no food in their feeders - hopefully today I can get that done.

Dinner tonight? Do not know as that is a long time off and quite frankly my back is killing me - I rarely have an aching back but it sure is bothering me now. Also kept waking up with a lot of ouch in both legs. Mpt sire wjat THAT is about. When I got old it was not a lot of fun - still isn't. LOL

Have a good day