Trusted Contributor

Re: What's Cooking in July - already July???

13615129_727750884032953_2130591902675329564_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Laura14 - GOOD JOB!!!! I remember well when I tried things for the first time - of course that was almost a century ago, LOL - how good I felt. Keep it up - you will do just great and some of us will just show up at your house to eat your cooking. am NOT kidding about that.

That cat reminds me of Miss Blackie although Miss Blackie is black as black can be. But she can sure get that look!!

Hope one and all had a great day.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy wednesday

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Absolutely no food to discuss this evening. Did not fix any dinner as it is just me and the little girl here - she had sweet potatoes and turkey and woofed it down. She LOVES sweet potatoes AND carrots. I am hoping she is getting tired - I am - and will go to sleep perhaps a bit earlier than usual. Will say, however between 8 and 9 is her normal time and the angel sleeps ALL night long. Yesterday, however she woke up at 5:30 - a bit too early for me as although I am always awake at that time that is STILL my private time in the morning. What can I say.

Got the cat condo all cleaned up for another week - LOL. have clean towels to put down on the long plywood board tomorrow morning. I washed the board and have it sitting up on the side to make sure it gets completely dry and I put water on the rest of the dirt out there. Cleaned out that litter box and it is ready to be put out in the morning with their water, food and beds. What a life!! Also cleaned the two inside boxes - a lot of work - still trying to find homes for those two cats. Conrad is getting really pushy as the little one sneaks food to him when you are not looking. He was so well behaved but is getting a tad pushy now - thanks to the 10 month old bombshell who worships that dog.  Emptied out all the inside containers re paper and kitchen stuff. Tomorrow is our normal pick up day but due to the holiday on Monday, the trucks will not be here until Friday but wanted to get things all done anyway.

Tomorrow I have to take the little one for a visit with her bio Father and then zoom home and then zoom back to that same city for my pulmonary appointment. I NEVER make those appointments in the afternoon as I am wiped out by then but had to change my early a.m. appointment and did not want to wait for two more months

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy thursday funny pictures

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy friday pictures funny

Respected Contributor

Last night Ricky had chicken nuggets, the little one did not eat real well for some reason but had peas and we bigger ones had burgers - now the nuggets and burgers came from McDonalds. That is pretty bad as I cannot stand the food there but caved anyway.

Tonight am tossing some chicken breasts into the slow cooker and as of now have no idea what to have as go withs.

Am missing all our standbys here - getting really lonesome. Also miss the newer visitors also - come on back - your contributions are what keep us going.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

Image result for happy saturday

Respected Contributor

Last night had chicken breasts cooked in the slow cooker, covered with ranch dressing. THEN added fettuccine sauce and noodles - absolutely delicious. Also had a great Broccoli salad as a go with. As usual I made way too much to some of it may hit the freezer. LOL. Sure was good.

Ricky is so popular - he went up to the high desert for the weekend to stay with people who haven't seen him in several months. They have a power wheels motorcycle which stays at their house for him - he remembers it and could hardly wait to get there and go zoom, zoom, zoom. He left a happy guy.

It got a bit hot yesterday - by that I mean the humidity came back with a bang. Temps never reached 100 but felt so much hotter. Can't stand that muggy stuff.

The world is in such turmoil - has been this way before but it would be so nice to have some of the few calm periods return.

OK, people, where are you? Sure is lonesome here. This thread has been around for quite some time - not as long as the Birds Nest and Back Fence but I believe it must be next in line. Stop by and tell us what is cooking in your part of the world. Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

Okay, Winifred, here goes.  We have been eating leftovers this week, and DH wasn't home last night.  Tonight, we will have leftover taco meat on tostadas, leftover cold steak for me last night and lunch for DH to take today, stuffed peppers a few days ago, and I had them the next night while DH had leftover pasta, but tomorrow, I will cook fresh, bar-b-qued chicken thighs, stuffed eggs, and salad, green or potato.

One night next week, we will have leftover rib meat in tacos or burritos, leftover peppers, and I will cook in between.

I ordered the Junior's mini summer cheesecakes, and they are good, not as good as my homemade cheesecakes, but who has time or energy for baking in the summer when there is so much gardening to be done, not to mention the heat.  I didn't even thaw mine out yesterday, just sliced it and ate it frozen, it really only freezes to a certain point, so was very edible.