Respected Contributor

Re: What pies do you make? Any you like to buy?

@carlycat wrote:

I make fresh strawberry pie with a shortcake crust. Have made it so many times can practically do it in my sleep. Now I'm craving it! 

Your Post made me think of these great doughnuts at our local donut shop

donut man strawberry.jpg

Honored Contributor

Apple and blueberry... the only two I bother to make and the only two I bother to eat.

DH will eat store-bought pies so I buy them for him, occasionally. I don't like pie enough to eat store-bought pies, so they're safe around me.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Do I buy pies? Occasionally I get a gift certificate for Marie Callendars, when I do, it's  Sour Cream. Apple..or Sour Cream Blueberry, or Sour Cream Cherry..Love those sour cream pies, sort  of like a cross between a cheesecake and a pie...

Honored Contributor

Mothertrucker wrote:

Do I buy pies? Occasionally I get a gift certificate for Marie Callendars, when I do, it's  Sour Cream. Apple..or Sour Cream Blueberry, or Sour Cream Cherry..Love those sour cream pies, sort  of like a cross between a cheesecake and a pie...

Hi Tam!   Our Marie C restaurant has been gone for a while now.  But I used to love the coconut.  The only problem was that they put meringue on top of a coconut cream pie (WHO DOES THAT??? So very wrong!) so you had to pay an extra $2 for them to remove the meringue and put whipped cream on it.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt

Yummmmm...coconut..love coconut cream pie..don't even need crust, just the filling and topping in a dish would be fine with me?

if you like coconut, you might want to try the coconut bars I posted the other day...they are SO good! 

Honored Contributor

I'm with you on the coconut!  I am a serious nut for coconut.  One favorite candy-type thing with coconut, aside from Almond Joy bars (I prefer milk chocolate) is the milk chocolate haystacks.   You don't see these so much anymore, except maybe in candy shops, but it's just a clump of milk chocolate mixed with coconut.

I did see your recipe and I think I posted on that thread a while back.   Looks interesting.  It seems like I find myself with so many sweets around lately that I haven't actually MADE any.  I feel like I'm on sweets overload lately - well, kinda.  Smiley Happy

Another awesome coconut treat is McConnell's Toasted Coconut Almond Chip ice cream.  TDF!