Trusted Contributor

Re: Turkey Breast--Which Brand is Best?

@ECBG   I'm in Dallas-Ft. Worth with an abundance of stores, but it will still be a hunt.

Honored Contributor

@LonestarBabs wrote:

@ECBG   I'm in Dallas-Ft. Worth with an abundance of stores, but it will still be a hunt.

@LonestarBabs 

I would develop a relationship with the head of the meat department and ask him.

Honored Contributor

We have had both. If we have the choice it's always Butterball. Sometimes we can only find Honeysuckle.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am going to order a turkey breast to smoke this weekend and wanted to know if you have a favorite between Honeysuckle White and Butterball?  Those are my choices, so I thought I'd ask.

We might help some people getting ready for Thanksgiving too with recommendations and recipes!

Thanks

I always buy turkey breast for Thanksgiving.  The best I've had is Whole Foods.  The last time I went to get one (about 2 years ago), I was shocked at the cost.  If I remember correctly, it was almost double what I used to pay.  Then I went and got a Honeysuckle.  We were all pleased with it.

Honored Contributor

UPDATE:  Went to Walmart this morning for the pickup.  They had substituted some "ready to roast" little Butterball thing, which we declined.

So that means NO Honeysuckle white and NO Butterball--they had two kinds listed--real breasts.  Just this flat thing in a box from Butterball and we said no thanks.

Figured we didn't want turkey jurkey out of the smoker that way!  Woman FrustratedWoman Sad

I guess the great 2021 turkey breast freeze out is in progress!  Better luck to y'all!!!

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  Well, if he's good-looking I just might do that!  LOL