Frequent Contributor

The T-Fal Grill Presentation !

The presentation of the T-Fal Grill was so fraught w/ mistakes ! The panini sandwich was sliced until it caved in ; the grill plates didn't clean with the towel at all; and the grease-drip-tray sloshed all over the counter. Nice product ! Horrible presentation !

Honored Contributor

Re: The T-Fal Grill Presentation !

I think that they rush through some of the presentations, especially on ITKWD and the product doesn't show to its advantage.
" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

JC Penney sells it in stainless steel, so that color is NOT exclusive to Q as stated. I saw there is a model called the T-Fal Opti Grill PLUS. I'm curious about this grill but want input on who has tried it, if possible. It seems one of the common complaints is the food sliding off the slanted grill. Hmm
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DiamondGirly wrote:
JC Penney sells it in stainless steel, so that color is NOT exclusive to Q as stated. I saw there is a model called the T-Fal Opti Grill PLUS. I'm curious about this grill but want input on who has tried it, if possible. It seems one of the common complaints is the food sliding off the slanted grill. Hmm

Please know I am in the minority here according to the reviews but I returned mine a week after I received it.

The ceramic plates are almost too slick and I found it impossible to roast veggies on it (the first time I tried potato slices on it I reminded myself of Lucy and Ethyl at the chocolate factory).

I found the meat to be more steamed than grilled as the only browning is where the ridges are (I previously had a cheap panini press but I still had some browning aside from the grill ridges).

It does work perfectly in terms of cooking the food to the proper temperature.  It is easy to use and to clean.  I just (for me) found it to be more aggravating than the price tag was worth.

I happen to snag a George Foreman grill on a Lunchtime Special for a great price.  It also has ceramic plates but this one also comes with a griddle plate so for me this is a better option for about 1/3 of the price.

HTH.

Esteemed Contributor

Didn't watch but that's too funny!

Honored Contributor

That woman irritated me to death . "David, David" 1000 times. I was hoping David would slam her head down on the grill and close it on her mouth.

That man has the patience of Job. !

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@DiamondGirly wrote:

Please know I am in the minority here according to the reviews but I returned mine a week after I received it.

The ceramic plates are almost too slick and I found it impossible to roast veggies on it (the first time I tried potato slices on it I reminded myself of Lucy and Ethyl at the chocolate factory).

I found the meat to be more steamed than grilled as the only browning is where the ridges are (I previously had a cheap panini press but I still had some browning aside from the grill ridges).

It does work perfectly in terms of cooking the food to the proper temperature.  It is easy to use and to clean.  I just (for me) found it to be more aggravating than the price tag was worth.

I happen to snag a George Foreman grill on a Lunchtime Special for a great price.  It also has ceramic plates but this one also comes with a griddle plate so for me this is a better option for about 1/3 of the price.

HTH.

@momtochloe

You're not alone!  I will be returning mine this week:  had to wait for QVC to send me mailing form 'cause I didn't save it - was determined to love that grill; but, mine was defective - had called t-Fal cust svc twice.  The problem I had was very common in this grill they said (purple lite would not come on and had to be reset, more than once!).  Also, cooked pork well done - it wasn't - had to reheat it!  So, you are not alone!

Honored Contributor

Oh thank you @eddyandme I hate to be negative as sometimes things are a matter of perception and I am so sorry to hear that yours was defective.  QVC is very good about helping out when things go wrong.   That's just a lot of money for something that should work well.

I am very happy with the George Foreman grill with the griddle plate so I guess it all worked out in the end.  I hope you find something that works well for you and your family too!

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your input. I think I'll wait for a more improved model ha! Maybe George will make one with similar features. I do love his grill!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

MTC and I discussed this before on another thread (love you, lady, I'm not doubting your experience!!) because I'm an Optigrill fan who bought one of the original (non-ceramic) versions from Walmart.

I wondered if it was the ceramic that was so slippery as we don't have trouble with our original model.  I mentioned it to DH (who is the grilling fan) and he brought to my attention that our black grill plates have a row of raised "nubbies" near the bottom edge of the plate, which is not apparent in the QVC "close up "pictures.   I wonder if the lack of those nubbies along with the ceramic is what is causing the QVC version to be more slippery....?

Hard to see the "nubbies" on the left side 3 ribs in this picture of the original Optigrill an inch or so above the bottom edge of the salmon.

Optigrill

In any event, I don't doubt anyone's experience, but I wonder if QVC had somehow "improved" the grill yet cheapened the wattage or something else, too.  Once our grill is preheated, the meat browns beautifully through the cycles.  In fact, it cooks a little fast, so we adjust our times accordingly.

Sorry to go on about this, but I've often wondered if QVC exclusives (Kitchenaid, etc.) have been altered in order to hit their price point.

Denise