Occasional Contributor

The Art of Blending - Vitamix book

I own a Vitamix but not the one presented yesterday Aug. 17th as the TSV. During the shows yesterday, Jan (sp?) did a great job as usual. I jotted down some recipes but there were two that I don't know the measurements of the ingredients - Butterscotch Pudding and Chocolate Mousse. I looked at qvc vitamix recipes and vitamix.com recipes and could not find either one of them. I did see the book "The Art of Blending" as part of yesterday's TSV, and also on vitamix.com for $20. So, if you got yesterday's TSV, which included "the Art of Blending" please post here if those recipes are in that book. I'd like to know before I order the book. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Art of Blending - Vitamix book

Hi beryl,

If no one replies to you then I suggest you contact Vitamix directly and ask them.

Telephone # 800 848-2649 and their internet web site is Vitamix.com

Honored Contributor

I don't know if the Butterscotch Pudding is in that book or not but the Chocolate Mousse is. I did not find a butterscotch pudding on Tori's site. I did find a butterscotch mousse on Q's recipe links. Recipe posted below.

This is the recipe from Tori Ritchie's site online which is the author of The Art of Blending. All kinds of recipes there. http://www.tuesdayrecipe.com/tuesday-recipe-archives/desserts/vegan-chocolate-mousse/

Vegan Chocolate Mousse

tori ritchie Tuesday Recipe

Like all things made with chocolate, the better the quality, the better the result, so use a top-notch brand like Callebaut or Guittard. To chill the coconut milk, put the can in the fridge when you bring it home from the store then scoop out the rich creamy stuff right from under the lid.

chocmousseSM.jpg

serves 4

prep time: 15 minutes

chill time: at least 2 hours

1 pound silken tofu
6 ounces top-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup chilled unsweetened coconut milk (not light)
3 tablespoons real maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
pinch sea salt

sliced almonds or chocolate shavings for garnish, optional

Remove tofu from package and place on a paper-towel lined plate to drain. Melt chocolate in a metal bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water; do not let bottom of bowl touch water. Scrape melted chocolate into Vitamix container (or food processor bowl with the metal blade); add drained tofu, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla, almond extract, and pinch sea salt. For blender, put lid on securely, turn dial to 1, and start blender. Increase speed to 5 and blend for 15 seconds. Remove lid and scrape down sides of container then cover and increase speed to 8 and blend again for 30 seconds to aerate mixture. If using a food processor, put lid on blend for about 1 minute.

Divide among ramekins or small cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Cover and refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with sliced almonds or chocolate shavings if you want, or serve unadorned like I did and dig right in.

Butterscotch Mousse

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups cold whipping cream
3 Tbsp butterscotch sauce

Directions:

Place the ingredients in the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 1. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.

http://www.qvc.com/KF_Recipes_Vitamix.content.html

Occasional Contributor

Nightowiz - thank you!!