Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving From The Grocery Store

I haven't had any good experiences with doing this. Wish I had!

Trusted Contributor

I can't, I just can't. I love preparing holiday dinners. From working on the menu, to looking through tablecloths and napkins, to figuring out which casserole will hold what food, to doing the grocery shopping, and doing the cooking, I just love to prepare Thanksgiving dinner. And Christmas dinner. And even the New Year pork and sauerkraut.

In the 43 years we've been married, DH took DS and I out to dinner once on Thanksgiving. A very nice restaurant and the food was delicious. But we all said that it's just not the same. I see the ads in grocery stores for buying the dinner. I simply can't do it. As long as I am physically able to prepare my own holiday meals, I will do so. There are 20 of us for dinner. The kitchen is hectic, loud, and full. And I wouldn't change any of it.

Honored Contributor

Just plain AWFUL!!!!!!!!!! Won't ever do it again. Things were too salty and processed tasting. Went to my local grocery store for it. My few experiences out at restaurants were great, but nothing beats homemade for the leftovers anyway.