Regular Contributor

Suggestions Please for Using a Ninja

I apologize in advance if this topic has been "beaten to death" but I am a sporadic reader.

I bought a Ninja for an elderly friend as a Christmas gift and due to her illness she is just getting around to trying it. Actually I had ordered one and then before Christmas they had a TSV that "claimed" to have a recipe book included so I returned the first one for the TSV.

My friend was interested in the machine to mostly use for the soft-serve low fat ice cream they demonstrated. At over 80 yrs. old she isn't able to do much experimenting.

Well, as we now know, the demonstrated ice cream recipe isn't included in the included recipes, nor most of the other things demonstrated, like making cake mixes, etc. The recipes contain things many would never make with ingredients we don't even know about in our area.

I am very disappointed with this purchase. Most appliances I have purchased in the past 50 years have come with some popular recipes included and some instructions for using the appliance. Not this one, according to my friend. I've spent over $100 for a useless item that obviously can't be returned. I could purchase the recipe book but I feel conned to not have the demonstrated items included with the machine. The book didn't get very good reviews so it may not have the recipes we're seeking either.

Has anyone found a site with some common recipes or instructions that doesn't need to be downloaded. (I'm not particularly computer savvy. Every time I download something it seems to mess up my computer and a large bill with a consultant follows.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA