Respected Contributor

Re: Should'a bought that Vita-Mix!

The noise wasn't a deterrant to me either. I didn't purchase my VitaMix years ago with a thought to the sound it makes.  I purchased it for what it does...and it does it better then any other VitaMix whanna bees on the market.

Honored Contributor

I would never use it for 5 continuous minutes to heat soup.

Even though that’s a selling point, seems to be a waste of energy.

Just blend until smooth then control the heat on the stove.

Sue it’s going to be loud.

It has a 2HP motor running at 200+mph so yeah...

it’s going be loud but it’s a trade off...it’s not used for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I have a Vitamix 5200 and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  Loud?  So many things are loud...  when I grind coffee beans in my burr grinder,  that's loud, and I do that every day.  Maybe because I commuted most of my life on the NYC subway,  I'm not bothered by the noise.  The machine is a miracle worker and we use it for a lot of things.  I don't run it that long to be disturbed or have it bother anyone. I personally don't find it to be a problem.  It has a heavy duty motor which allows it to do everything that it does.

I agree!  There are many annoying things that are loud. Since I live in the suburbs what I find particularly annoying & loud are the many industrial noisy lawn movers that seem to be going at once all summer long!!!  They are very loud and can go on for a long time.

I love my Vitamix!  I only use it a few minutes at a time. It does the job that my old blenders didn't.

Esteemed Contributor

Love mine and I could care less how loud it gets on certain settings.  It was the best purchase for the kitchen I ever made.  

Honored Contributor

Come on now------of course the VM is loud!!! It has to be to do its job!!!  All those high end blenders are loud-------if you notice in the various shops where they are used, they are loud unless they are in that plexy box !

Honored Contributor

Proud to be an owner of a ViaMix 5200!  I love it, have no problem that it's loud and will use it until it dies.  It does so much and we use it all the time.

Respected Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Mine is loud; they are all loud.  But they do the job.  If you notice Starbucks uses a sound box too.  I just step away.  It is never on more than a minute or two anyway.

Exactly. What’s  the big Deal? 

I don’t know, what are you talking about?  

Esteemed Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Mine is loud; they are all loud.  But they do the job.  If you notice Starbucks uses a sound box too.  I just step away.  It is never on more than a minute or two anyway.

Exactly. What’s  the big Deal? 

I agree. I understand why Starbucks would use a sound box since they're constantly in use and people are there relaxing and conversing. 

I don't understand why anyone would need to use one in their home. I mean, I've never had the occasion that 5 minutes of blending is that bothersome or a time I couldn't wait 5 minutes to have a conversation. 

That said...to each their own. Maybe some people have issues with sound? Idk. Smiley Happy