Respected Contributor

Received my TSV Cooks Essentials Air Fryer

[ Edited ]

I received my new 5.3 Cooks Essentials TSV air fryer today. The Cobalt Blue is beautiful. Quite a bit larger on my counter than Emeril's 3.5 air fryer I had but well with it. It looks great

in the kitchen.

I read the manual first and then washed all the parts to the air fryer. I preheated it for 3 minutes and let it shut off. The fan runs about 20 seconds after it atops and then shuts off. I then did the 5 minutes and let it run and shut off. Then I rewashed all the pieces again so it is ready to use. There is a learning curve a little with all the presets but it only took me a few minutes to learn it. You always need to read the manual when dealing with the newest gadgets you buy. Saves time.

I love the finish on the new basket now and nothing came off any of the pieces when they were washed. The basket is nice and large and the small two inch ledge inside the bottom piece will keep any scratches off the bottom from the top basket. It does have a smell when running it new so I ran mine 

before I cooked any food in it.

All set to use it now. My husband is ready to get his french fries again.

I will probably make something in it on Sunday as I am spending some time with one of my grandsons and my daughter tomorrow. I am taking them out to breakfast and then shopping. Smiley Happy

I made tator tots today and chicken wings from frozen for my husband for lunch. They came out perfect. The tator tots were nice and brown and my husband was very pleased. The chicken wings were by Perdue and bigger than most so I increased the time from the preset time for the wings. Since they were frozen “very solid” there was some steam under the main basket when done. I wiped it out and then made the tator tots and no condensation was there. I was concerned at first but not now.

The air fryer is not real loud and I am very pleased with the results. The cookbook leaflet that comes with it has a plastic coating on it so you can wipe it off. There is a photo for each food in the recipe also.

I am making my own notes on a piece of paper and keeping a log of what I use in presets and time wise for future reference. My Breville and this Cooks Essentials new Air Fryer will be my two go to kitchen appliances. Let’s not forget my Kitchen Aid stand mixer also. These are the three kitchen must haves for us. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Received my TSV Cooks Essentials Air Fryer

I'm on advance order. I'll definitely read the manual. I'm hoping to see some YouTube videos on it. If you are on Facebook there is a group called Cook's Essentials Air Fryer group. There is so much helpful information there and I'm collecting tons of recipes! Enjoy it! 

Trusted Contributor

I currently have the 3.5 qt. Model with presets. Very easy to use. I am pretty sure DH ordered me (us?) the TSV for Christmas. We both love it. Cooks very fast. Clean. Simple. There are a lot of YouTube videos to watch to see them in action. 

Even sent DD one, she loved ours here before she moved so we sent her a turquoise one to match her colors. She is 19 and can’t boil water without burn8ng it but has no problem with the air fryer.

Honored Contributor

LOL

Respected Contributor

Got mine in the Jade Green color....very pretty looks great with my kitchen decor!  I cooked in mine on Thursday this past week.  I made 3 very large on the bone chicken breasts.  I just seasoned them and put a little bit of OO on each one.  Placed them skin side down....set for 360 14mins per side (totally guessed on this but they were just over 4lbs in weight) came out perfect! Then I put in fresh veggies...chopped sweet potato and baby carrots...tossed in OO and seasonings.  Cooked about 10mins then added in broccoli and asparagus another 8mins or so.  Came out just fine.

I have never had one of these so I just kinda guessed on how long and went with the settings for the turkey breast in the book that came with it for a idea.  

Cleaned up wonderful...nothing stuck...finish so far looks good.  I sure hope it lasts.  Saturday I got Meredith's cookbook to go with it....the recipe's looks so good...gonna try pork next...if this can do that moist and tender then this large green pod was a good purchase for us LOL!  

Honored Contributor

Your description makes me think it is much larger than the Cook's Essentials one I bought last year.  I use mine often.

Valued Contributor

Tried ours for the first time today. We tried tator tots and chicken nuggets, a test run. I think once we get the hang of the machine, and how it operates I think we will love it. 

Respected Contributor

I have been making things in my CE TSV air fryer since I received it. I just made a 5.65 pound chicken in it. I put sprigs of rosemary and thyme inside of it. I usually put a cut lemon in it but I didn't have any so I squirted some of the lemon I had in my refrigerator that comes in a plastic lemon. I have this for back up. I put some small pieces of cut margarine under the skin on the breast and squirted the chicken with olive oil on the bottom and top before putting in the air fryer. I put some Buck's Seasoning on the top and I put the breast side "down" in the airfyer after I had Preheated the air fryer for the 3 minutes as suggested. Then I cooked the chicken 20 minutes on 360 degrees ( I set it under manual and not settings) and then flipped it over when the time was up and did the same thing turning the breast "up" to finish cooking. When done I

let it rest 15-20 minutes as I cooked some biscuits and small garlic potatoes. It was absolutely perfect (165 degrees as my meat thermometer was perfect) and it was the juiciest chicken we have ever had. I am not much of a white meat lover but this was delicious and enjoyable. I am going to make chicken and biscuits for lunch tomorrow.

I am not sure if a bigger chicken than the 5.65 pound one I made would fit in this. A smaller size would be perfect to cook in this air fryer though. Any bigger it would be too close to the element and too tall when sliding into the drawer.

I went into detail for you as if you wanted to make a chicken

in a 5.3 quart fryer here is what I found to not only be delicious but so easy to make. Whole chickens were on sale less than a dollar a pound this week and that was a plus also.

The coating on this new TSV air fryer has absolutely no chipping or flaking. I do get some condensation on the steel under the drawer where the silicone strips are most of the time when I cook. I posted on Facebook to Meredith this and and she said when making frozen foods it probably was normal. The other lady asked for non frozen foods. She didn't seem conserved about it. It is not a problem for me as it is just moisture coming out of the foods. It was just that my Emeril air fryer never did this.

My Cooks Essential new 5.3 quart air fryer is a keeper. We really love this and it does everything we wanted it to do.

I hope this helps anyone that received theirs or are on wait list for theirs. The Cobalt blue I got is gorgeous. Smiley Happy