Super Contributor

Re: Question for tea drinkers

Bigelow Chai with vanilla sugar (place a vanilla bean in the sugar and let it sit) and cream, or with a splash of pumpkin or chocolate creamer. Someone gave me a box of Tazo Chai, it's more robust than the Bigelow. I really like it and use vanilla sugar and cream only so I can really taste the spices.

At night, Sleepytime or Sweet Dreams~

Contributor

My all-time favorite is Cream Earl Grey with a little bit of milk. It's delicious and creamy. I also really like Lapsang Souchong in the autumn and winter months, although it is not for everyone. It's very smokey and almost has a bacon flavor. I like it with eggs and toast in the morning.

Respected Contributor

Drinking a cup of Tetley British Blend right now.It is delicious!
Honored Contributor

I have way too many teas and drink them according to my health and inclination. Two of my faves that I often reach for are ginger and chai. I also mix my teas and add cinnamon sticks to my chai as well as steamy hot coconut milk and honey on a cold day. I find teas are soothing and a perfect way to end or begin the day....

Honored Contributor

I like coffee but I like to drink hot tea in the afternoon or in the evening....

Celestial Seasons is my favorite brand---I love the Raspberry Zinger, Lemon Zinger, Peppermint, and I recently purchased a berry sampler from Celestial seasoning...I also purchase Earl Grey black and green tea

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Black tea with True Lime, no sugar or sweeteners. I'll drink it hot or cold.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for this thread, JustJules - tons of great ideas on here.

I agree with you, Earl Grey is my hands-down favorite.

Funny thing...Earl Grey tea contains oil of bergamot, a type of orange, which is the top note of TOVA Signature perfume, also one of my favorites. I must have a thing for those oranges. ;-)

Bigelow's Constant Comment is a retro throwback I also adore - they have a decaffeinated version too. It was always in my parents' kitchen cabinet so I am sure nostalgia plays a big part in my affection for it.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/14/2015 Sooner said:

I find I enjoy few coffees, but like espresso and lattes. I have been an iced tea drinker for all my life, and hot tea for about 30 years. I find few flavored teas I like, but maybe a naturally flavored almond, mango, or vanilla tea--but there are few I like. I don't like tea bags, and usually use loose tea or sachets. I can taste the bag and the tea is never as good as steeped. I'm by tea like lots of folks are by wine.

My favorite is Assam teas, the maltier the better! I love those in the morning with milk, and very rarely with a little sugar as well. In the afternoon I like Darjeeling. I mostly drink black teas, but also like Oolong too and some of the less grassy greens. Brands are Harrogate, Bewley, Harney, and Yorkshire Gold.

I get a lot of tea from Harney (their decaf Assam is pretty good), but love Upton Tea for their single estate teas and huge selection of wonderful things to try. Their sample packets are a great buy and fun. They will make labels with your name on them too--which makes great gifts.

To me the best teas of all are Mariage Freres and they make the best flavored ones I've ever had. Market Hall website sells some of them. They are expensive but a treat. Once a year or more I usually get an order from Fortnum and Mason, but their shipping is so expensive it's only once every year or two! They have fabulous tea tins! And great tea!

I think Chatham tea pots with the filters are the best! Upton sells them and they make wonderful tea because the filter is big and non-metallic. ForLife makes great tea mugs with huge filters (even though they are stainless the are huge!).

Very helpful information Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Katey1261--I am happy to help! With the internet there are so many wonderful teas and beautiful accessories out there I am always glad to share some of the things I've learned, and learn new things from others!