Respected Contributor

Very true: finding a good sewing machine not made entirely of plastic is trouble--although I will say, good resins (plastic) are durable and work well if they are the right kind and better than cheap steel in some things.

I find the European brands tend to be good--Phillips and T-Fal in particular. They hold up well. The good Japanese brands as well (Zojirushi, Panasonic.) Both areas have difficulties with disposal of refuse because of dense population and no areas for landfills. Things tend to be more durable for that market.

Respected Contributor

The Instant Pot is the best!  I love mine.  I love the stainless steel pot.  Easy clean up believe it or not.  It cooks better than the CE.  I like that you can purchase extra pots and also a glass lid if you want it for slow cooking, browning or just keeping warm.  I use my glass lid quite a bit.

There are lots of settings too!  

Honored Contributor

Instant Pot

Instant Pot

Instant Pot

Instant Pot

Stainless, multi functional...good machine.

There are Facebook groups dedicated to the Instant Pot.

Lots of helpful ideas. 

Super Contributor

I bought the Elite - hated it - has a persnickety plastic rail that the lid sits on - it can be a bear to get the placement correctly.  The inner pot nonstick started giving me problems.  The unit lasted barely 1 year and a couple of weeks past the warranty.

The Wolfgang Puck one is still going strong - been several years.  However I have replaced it with the stainless steel inner pot Instant Pot - the nonstick concerns me with the PFOA/PTFEs which can act as endrocrine disruptors and other health concerns.

Evine has a 6.5 qt one with a ceramic non-stick for about $69.00.  I got my Instant Pots on Amzn during Black Friday for $78 - Instant Pot Duo - not interested in the bluetooth one...

Honored Contributor

Think next time one of mine go out I'll buy that Instant Pot with all the raves on here must be something to it and I like the idea of the stainless pot too.

Valued Contributor

Wanted the smaller 4 quart in addition to my larger oval one so I got the CE when it was a TSV last month.  Nothing but problems and could not set it to come to pressure.   That pressure setting knob is horrendously designed.   Sent it back for full return.  Bought a 4 quart Fa-gor from Kohls for around $90 with a discount and it has been just right.   The design of the pressure knob is more sure and easy to set....it reminds me of the knob on my oval Techniques pressure cooker which has been trouble free also.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Instant Pot too.  This is the first pressurer cooker I have ever tried and I really like it.

I purchased mine from Amazon.  It was about $90 for the 6 quart size.

Bought the 6 qt and absolutely love it!  Very easy to use and lots of online recipes available.  Go for it!

Valued Contributor

Would not even consider the Power PC XL. Instant Pot is the leading digital PC brand - for a reason - their superb customer service. Power PC can't compare.

Esteemed Contributor

I brought a Breville pressure cooker a month ago. It is only 6qts.