Valued Contributor

Re: Pizza Makers: Where do you purchase your italian flour?

Thanks, ladies for your replies and suggestions.

Tish-Thank you. I've been making pizza for probably 20 years and up until a few years ago I always used regular, AP, unbleached flour. Thought those results were very good. However, since I've been using the Italian I've found that taste of the pizza to be soooo much better. The crust is always lighter and a bit crisper. When I used regular flour I sometimes had a more doughy crust. Which was still enjoyable to me and my hungry family, but not as much as the results with the Italian flour. I know it's all a matter of personal preference, but to our taste, the Italian flour just makes a better crust.

Respected Contributor

On 10/12/2014 glmama said:

Thanks, ladies for your replies and suggestions.

Tish-Thank you. I've been making pizza for probably 20 years and up until a few years ago I always used regular, AP, unbleached flour. Thought those results were very good. However, since I've been using the Italian I've found that taste of the pizza to be soooo much better. The crust is always lighter and a bit crisper. When I used regular flour I sometimes had a more doughy crust. Which was still enjoyable to me and my hungry family, but not as much as the results with the Italian flour. I know it's all a matter of personal preference, but to our taste, the Italian flour just makes a better crust.

And that's all that matters. I wonder if you could blend regular flour if you didn't have it on hand. I'm sure my vitamix would make it pretty fine. I know I process raw sugar so it will be finer.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

debc-This is a really good idea. I never thought of this, but I do own and love my Vitamix so I will investigate. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}