Trusted Contributor

Re: Paging LYNNEUK re Sausage Rolls Help

Yay! So glad they worked out for you. They are addictive though, so you have to be careful,lol!
Trusted Contributor

They just won't be the same as the sausage is so different.

Super Contributor

On 12/26/2014 debcakes said:

They just won't be the same as the sausage is so different.

Well Deb quite honestly these were so good that I'll just take them like they are. I'm telling you between the flakiness of the puff pastry and the wonderful taste of the sage sausage I was transported to another place. My family also went crazy over them. Now my Brie in the puff pastry was just like I remembered from living in Germany while hubby was in the service so between the two we were some happy eaters.

I'm sure if you are use to something different it does make a difference. I could never get use to the ketchup overseas as it wasn't the same rich taste I was use to here in the U.S. It had the same brand name but it sure wasn't the same. Funny, I don't even use ketchup now and haven't in years, but I do remember how much different the taste was.

Memories of food are always made up of what we grew up with, just like my mama's fried chicken so I do understand why it wouldn't seem as good to you, but again I am grateful for Lynneuk passing on the recipe to me.

Best Wishes

VickiSmile

Trusted Contributor

Vicki, I am sure that your sausage rolls were delicious. In fact look closely at my comment. I did not actually say yours would not be as good, I said not the same. That is the problem with on-line comments. You could not see my expression or catch the tone of voice. Before I totally offend native Brits, I want to say that the butcher around the corner from my daughter's home in London makes excellent sausage from quality meats. However, in the more outlying areas where I lived, sausage tasted as if it were made from sawdust. So, what I really meant was that yours would be better. I would also like to say that in the 45 years since I left England and the present, British food has improved tremendously. Restaurants are better than most here.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

On 12/27/2014 debcakes said:

Vicki, I am sure that your sausage rolls were delicious. In fact look closely at my comment. I did not actually say yours would not be as good, I said not the same. That is the problem with on-line comments. You could not see my expression or catch the tone of voice. Before I totally offend native Brits, I want to say that the butcher around the corner from my daughter's home in London makes excellent sausage from quality meats. However, in the more outlying areas where I lived, sausage tasted as if it were made from sawdust. So, what I really meant was that yours would be better. I would also like to say that in the 45 years since I left England and the present, British food has improved tremendously. Restaurants are better than most here.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

OMG Deb, I didn't take your comment as being snarky or anything. I just wanted to make an observation. You are so right about the online comments and I'm so sorry if you to offense because none was meant. Have a Great New Years and again I'm sorry.

VickiSmile

Trusted Contributor

Oh. no, Vicki. I did not take your comment badly, either. I just meant that my comment was kind of sarcastic. I pretty much think anything tastes good in puff pastry.

And sausage rolls would be good for New Year's Eve, too. I saw them make some on tv where they wrapped a bratwurst sized sausage, cut into slices and then baked it in a muffin pan to keep the shape. They made really great bite sized appetizers.

Super Contributor

On 12/31/2014 debcakes said:

Oh. no, Vicki. I did not take your comment badly, either. I just meant that my comment was kind of sarcastic. I pretty much think anything tastes good in puff pastry.

And sausage rolls would be good for New Year's Eve, too. I saw them make some on tv where they wrapped a bratwurst sized sausage, cut into slices and then baked it in a muffin pan to keep the shape. They made really great bite sized appetizers.

Funny about the New Years Eve idea Deb as I have already premade them along with a wheel of brie in the puff pastry and both are in fridge ready to be baked off.

Great minds think alike!!! The brats sound good also! I think I'm hungry, lol.

Vicki

Trusted Contributor

I just made some too for tonight.Yum!