Frequent Contributor

OK, so I was watching the 'other' channel last week when Chef Ming was on with the induction burner. I purchased this burner, received it Monday, and I cannot seem to stop using it. Has anyone else tried this? I am amazed at how quickly this heats without heating up the kitchen. Keep in mind you must use induction ready cookware but my pots/pans are already SS so I am all set. Curious if others have used this. I am going to try to fry some fish in it this weekend.

Super Contributor

Re: Nuwave Induction burner..

LOVE Mine! Just wish I had a stronger vent near it when I use it!!So fast and so easy to control temp- Wait till you try doing candy and fudge, see how easily everything cooks to the right temp..

Frequent Contributor

On 7/10/2014 stilltamn8r said:

LOVE Mine! Just wish I had a stronger vent near it when I use it!!So fast and so easy to control temp- Wait till you try doing candy and fudge, see how easily everything cooks to the right temp..

That is actually what sold me on this. At X-Mas I make chocolate treats and I am constantly tempering the chocolate or making new batches because it gets SO thick. On his presentation it showed him tempering chocolate and keeping it at, what was shown, the perfect temp. My everything bark might be mush easier to make this year. I also liked when he showed frying...how the oil is supposed to keep the temp. We will see.

Super Contributor

I have 4 induction cooktops. I use primarily when catering parties. Have been using for many years.

I also have several Max Burton Induction Interface Discs. These allow you to use non-induction cookware or cookware that you want to serve in like Corning and some Staub. Also helps a lot if you are trying to use cookware that is larger than the induction cooktop. VERY handy if using copper 'sugar' pots to make syrups and candy.

Respected Contributor

I love this so much, we are buying an induction cook top range for our vacation home. It is magic! ...and for all of you Induction Cook top fans, in one of the catalogues I receive-nd of course misplaced-there is a disc you can buy that converts any pot or pan into one with induction capabilities.

Poodlepet