Honored Contributor

Re: My days with bread machine are over

I am so sorry you are having so much trouble with the bread machine.  I've LOVED mine since they came out and have had a couple of versions.  My last version (about ten years old) is from Cooks Essentials and has given me great bread every time.

Nice rise, great texture and golden brown.  My favorite was a cinnamon recipe with icing on top... o m g.... but I haven't been able to make that one since I was diagnosed with diabetes 8 years ago (well I COULD make it but haven't.... Woman Sad).  So I try to make high fiber wheat versions and they're good too, but I tend to overeat fresh bread so it only comes out around Thanksgiving - Christmas and I give a lot away......  Woman LOLWoman LOL   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I am so sorry you had problems with it.  I have a mini Zo that has made hundreds of loaves, and they always come out great.  I have had a bread machine since 1992, and without one we would have home made bread maybe twice a year--when I am off work on holidays.  

It's good that you can make bread by hand.  My bread machine is something I would replace immediately is it broke.

I also have the mini Zo and I just love it.  The bread that comes out of it has always been perfect for me. I usually make Whole Wheat bread.  

I wanted a bread machine for many years but didn't think I'd use it much.  How wrong I was.  I probably make a small loaf of bread at least twice a week.  

Like Sooner, I would purchase the same machine as I have now if my current one broke.

Trusted Contributor

Yes.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

I also have mini Zo, love it. Perfect for 2 people

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

The Cuisinart kneads, kneads and kneads some more LOL Mixes it and beats it to death like a baseball inside the unit then the poor thing rises, then, it punches it down and kneads some more rises again and pushes it down again and on the 3rd rise it's wore out and sunk in. Weird machine.

good looking book. I like your pumpkin avatar, also.

If the bread is sunk in the middle, there are reasons that happens--so do a google search and if you still have the machine, make some adjustments and try again.  ALSO, if the machine has a "quick" cycle, be sure to use the right kind of yeast and try that cycle.

Sometimes machines and ingredients are different and maybe you play around with it a little and will find the right combination!  And usually at least you'll get some good things to toast out of the process!  GOOD LUCK!

Honored Contributor

Mine quit working & I asked about them on another post. I was going to buy a new one. DH took it apart & the belt had come off. He put the belt back on & it's been working ever since. It's around 18 yrs old. I was checking out bread machine reviews before he fixed it. That Cusiniart looks like a nice machine. Sorry you are having problems with it.

Honored Contributor

No more-- husband took it back and credited his card. LOL

Machines are to finiky for the way I cook. All conditions have to be just so so. Easier to make and bake bread the old fashion way. I got a tried and true recipe that I use and doesn't matter if stuff is measured out EXACTLY, weather conditions that day are to humid, stuff has to be put in exact order, temps of water have to be exact, etc. on and on. 

I'm to old for that bull and don't want to spend the day studying the book and going to walmart for the mix and they tell U to use the basic program, but, the Cuisinart directions say to use # 6 the 'packaged mix' program. I used the Basic/white bread recipe the easiest one and it beat the ball of dough to death for like 15 min and everytime it would rise it would knock it down again . No wonder it never rose and sunk it was wore out by then LOL