Trusted Contributor

Does anyone have this item, or have seen it in a store?

le creuset pumpkin.png

Today I bought Sea Salt w/silver stem knob, though the white is gorgeous w/gold knob. 

If you have this are you happy about your purchase? I've been holding out for the 5.5qt dutch round to drop in price, no luck. However, I decided it would be too heavy, decided I'd go with 4.5qt.

Never bought it because I came upon this beauty even though it's 4qt it would be large enough for my needs.

If you have Sea Salt or White, do you like the color? I know they can look different once delivered.

Do you feel it's a decent size?

Would love to have both color knobs.

Any info would be appreciated even if you have viewed it in a store.

Thanks

💞🐾🐈‍⬛🐶🐾💞

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Trusted Contributor

I forgot to post Sea Salt

le creuset green pumpkin.png

Honored Contributor

I don't own this, but I have seen them in person.  A 4 qt is just one gallon, so it's not real big.

The sea salt color is my favorite LeCreuset color. It's a light blue/green/gray color.  I love it.

Enjoy, I hope you love the color too and the size works.

Respected Contributor

@skittles2  It's a beauty, hope you like it.

Valued Contributor

So beautiful! Especially in that Sea Salt color. I would want to display it on my counter. Enjoy! And be sure to tell us how it works out for you. 

Honored Contributor

@skittles2 

i dont have your version but the Staub 5 qt

it was my 1st piece of cast iron

2 things -that i have encountered

the slices of pumpkin that is o so purdy

when you clean - it doesnt glide as a normal round dutch oven

you will need to spend a little time on each section

my brass stem - i have to be careful as it doenst hold like a regular knob

it is worth the trouble - but i dont use it all the time bc it is 5qts 

i'm one person - i tend to make chili and stew - for freezer meals

i do hop you get it - bc it is purdy - enjoy! 

Screenshot 2024-03-04 at 6.12.30 AM.png

Respected Contributor

@skittles2 

This is beautiful and the color is so lovely.

I would display it on the counter. It surely would catch the eye.

Trusted Contributor

@Flatbush @Yahooey @AuntMame @SaveTheTurtles @Carmie 

Thanks so much everyone for your input! The Staub is lovely.

I called LC to see if I could order the gold stem/vine if I want a different look now and again, they said the older version knobs can be switched , but not this one. It's ok, it's beautiful.

I will have to try it out to see if the capacity is sufficient, though I'm sure it will be for my and my husband's needs.

It's definitely going to stay on the stove or counter. I have my outside doors and inside -2 pairs of French doors, and inside kitchen- carport door, painted a similar color-more of a mermaid green blue.  

She will fit just right in!

This is my first Sea Salt. I have a meringue 3.3qt Brasier, Caribbean 5qt Brasier, an oval grill light blue, Flame tea kettle-really brings a pop of color-, I want to get a saucepan and roaster in a pink when I find a shade I like, and one in white w/gold knob.

I went on LC's website and looked at this item in various colors, Rhone w/gold stem, is beautiful!

I waited awhile before buying LC, couldn't afford it back then raising 4 children and all that entails,, loved it though and wouldn't change a thing.

I saved up for my 1st piece, the Braiser 5.5qt, but this last decade I've bought for me and my children, and I'm getting myself this beauty, and the saucepan and roaster when I see colors I love.

I'm not being frivolous, well, maybe a little.  I love seeing the shapes and colors, and how they perform (I've had Staub as well and loved them too.)

well, thanks again everyone for your replies☘️🌻

💞🐾🐈‍⬛🐶🐾💞