Honored Contributor

Last week we ate out at Texas Roadhouse.

It was so good.  Always (2 times) good exchange with workers there.  It's our new favorite restaurant. Boy was it good.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Last week we ate out at Texas Roadhouse.

[ Edited ]

That is also one of our favorite places to eat!

pic--Smiley-Gal-ThumbsUp.jpg

Free Saint Patrick's Day Graphics - Happy St. Patrick's Day Images

Respected Contributor

I do enjoy Texas Roadhouse, but I have two complaints which I remedy by getting takeout.

First, every location I've gone to regardless of the time of day, their restaurants been too loud with the volume cranked up on their music. 

Second, I find the food over salted so I rinse the baked potatoes and even some cuts of meat.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The dinner rolls are delicious.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal   I always liked Texas Roadhouse too!  I haven't eaten there in awhile though.  Thanks for posting about your experience. 💝. I'll have to go soon.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal I'm in Washington State about 30 minutes from the Peace Arch & we're getting a Texas Roadhouse soon.  What are some of the items you recommend we try?

Super Contributor

I like Texas Roadhouse, however, the music is so incredibly loud that one cannot converse and that takes away the pleasure of a good dinning experience in my opinion.
Respected Contributor

We go to Texas Roadhouse twice a month.  My only minor complaint recently is the salad.  It is still the crisp fresh salad but the tomatoes are gone.  The good tomatoes have been replaced with tiny grape shaped tomatoes with a bitter taste and sometimes they are even missing. I guess it is a supply issue of some sort and hopfully will go back to normal.

I told DH I'm bringing my own tomatoes for the salad!

I get either salmon or shrimp ka bobs - very good.  I have started getting the appetizer size shrimp which is 6 shrimps.  The meal size is way too much shrimp for me.  I get a salad and steak fries.  I have solved the salt issue by asking for my fries unseasoned and adding salt myself.

DH likes Road Kill, Ribs, or Ribeye Steak.

Trusted Contributor

We don't go often but when we do the
Blooming onion and some fresh rolls with the cinnamon butter is all I need. Soooo good. I ordered the rolls for our Thanksgiving dinner last year. Came with a large tub of the butter. Yes, I will be ordering again this year.
Respected Contributor

We've had good experiences there.......but it's a bit of a drive for us.  The closest steakhouse is Longhorn and it's a nightmare because of the staff.....heaven forbid you should ask to have your steak cooked any differently than what's on the menu. They will end up messing up at least one other part of your meal.......received mixed vegetables once that were totally raw. The waitress knew it and never came back to our table except to bring the check. 

I buy filet at Publix and the BF seasons them w/Montreal Steak Seasoning and grills them. They taste wonderful.