Trusted Contributor

Re: Kuhn Rikon Pull and Chop

I really like kuhn rikon products.  I have quite a few and they get used, they don't just take up space in my cabinets!  I habe a unit that is similar the item you reference that I use daily, it's hand held, has two small blades and it twists and chops or minces.   Use it every day for garlic or onions.  I'm going to check out your item, thanks for the review!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I've had mine for over a year and I agree, it's a great little chopper.

I've looked at this several times.  Kuhn Rikon makes good products.  Does anyone know if it will do Parm cheese if you cut it up in smaller pieces?  It is a hard cheese.  I buy it in wedges from an Italian store and it really makes your arms sore when you have to grate it by hand.  I don't like to buy it already grated.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Fun to use and does a great job. I bought the first version and then when the newest one came out with the extra container I thought I would just pass the other one to a friend. Well I ended up keeping them both. This is so easy to clean and the extra one makes the job go faster when making different things. Kuhn Rikon does make good products. No more crying making onions. Smiley Happy Just be careful not to pull too many times as it is that quick after about 3 pulls to make sauce. Love my little lawnmower.

Honored Contributor

Hands down, the pull and chop is my favorite thing ordered from QVC.   My first order was for 2; one for me and one for my mom, who has trouble using a knife due to arthritis.   It wasn't long before I ordered 2 more, as I knew I never wanted to be without this item.   I am now on my second pull and chop, as they do wear out.   

Honored Contributor

Re:  the top lid w/ the pulling mechanism....not being dishwasher safe.

Question about cleaning:

Does the top lid have small holes?  

Or are they small medal buttons?  

Can't tell from the video....if they are holes, how does it clean?

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this a while ago and just used it for the first time yesterday. It was great! I love the bowl with the lid and it made super fast work of tomoatoes, zucchini and chicken. Today I need to chop up some artichokes for another casserole I am making. More tomatoes, more chicken and the artichokes. Super easy to use and clean.

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Re:  the top lid w/ the pulling mechanism....not being dishwasher safe.

Question about cleaning:

Does the top lid have small holes?  

Or are they small medal buttons?  

Can't tell from the video....if they are holes, how does it clean?

I love this chopper.  I hand wash the bowl and blade and just wipe down the bottom of the top .  Very easy to clean.  I believe the instructions said not to submerge the top, but there is no need to.  A simple wipe with a damp or sudsy cloth does the job. 

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom there are no holes where tiny bits can get into the top . I looked it over carefully as I was thinking how a little bit of something could get inside and grow into 'yuck'. It is completly covered and I just spray with a cleanser and wipe then dry with a cloth. Of course wipe handle a bit also.