Trusted Contributor

Re: Just bought me a Kitchen Aid

Which model do you all have? I am so confused by all the options! Some tilt at the top, some don't, different motor size, etc. Pros and cons, please?

I want on in the green apple color. I think. So many fun colors! My new kitchen is a blank slate.

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

@Vamp wrote:

Which model do you all have? I am so confused by all the options! Some tilt at the top, some don't, different motor size, etc. Pros and cons, please?

I want on in the green apple color. I think. So many fun colors! My new kitchen is a blank slate.

Spoiler

Lol, no spoiler. I'm on my iPad, and my fat little fingers have a mind of their own!

Honored Contributor

I bought K43826 from QVC, but, since it arrived defective Kitchen Aid is in process of replacing it for free. I'll send back the defective one in the box they sent the new one in.

Hope this one is alright. Tired of waiting. I got a Cuisinart biggie stand mixer too. Just wanted the 300watt motor one to beat egg whites stiff and mash potatoes, etc. 

I like the 3 qt bowl too. Pink, color is so cute. If I was gonna use it for big jobs like bread making, big batch cookies, etc. I would probably go for the bigger wattage machines. Course, more money too.

you can go to Bed and Bath and see in person the choices and then buy it thru Q. Or go to kitchenaid.com and look at all the models, descriptions, etc

Honored Contributor

Sorry you got a bad one, Sharke!  Smiley Sad  

Unfortunately, KA is still riding high on the reputation they built up for decades when Bosch was making their mixers.   Then they changed manufacturers (for whatever reason - I don't know unless it was to reduce costs) and they are just not the same anymore.

Of the ones they are making now - I wouldn't want one for free.  I had read that some of the internal parts that were formally made of metal were now made of plastic and numerous problems ensued.

I hope they take care of you.  I have always heard that their customer service is very good!

Honored Contributor

Everything is like that now, just not Kitchen aid.

We just bought a new TV/DVD combo unit and the DVD played one DVD then died. Tv is still good though.

Bought a new Whirlpool dryer in Jan. I'm waiting as we speak on the repair man (under warranty) to come out and replace the door handle that is made out of plastic and is ripping out up at the top. One to many pulls and it's gonna rip off. Hopefully, the new handle they ordered will be metal, but, not counting on it..

wish I had kept my old kitchen aid I can tell the new one isn't as heavy as the one I sold for 100.

Shame, the quality of goods out there for us consumers any more.

It's all about making stuff cheap as possible and guaging the buyer for more money and make them take out warranties.

sigh.................

Trusted Contributor

Sadly, so many things are like that now--expensive and not built to last. Sorry your Kitchen Aid didn't work out for you, Sharke. I hope the replacement lasts a lifetime!

Honored Contributor

Me too ! LOL Suppose to get it Wed.

QVC Customer Care

@SharkEThat is great, and pink to boot, enjoy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

I'm on hold till June when Kitchenaid releases their mini stand mixer. Same 325 watt motor, smaller footprint.  Same price ugh!  I have a white Artisan now.  

@Dawnie Do you know if it weighs less than the regular one?

I had the regular one and had to give it to my daughter.  It took up to much precious real estate on the counter top and too heavy for me to drag out every time I wanted to use it.

I still really want one so bad but won't do it because of the size and weight.  This may be a solution for me.

Honored Contributor

I saw them advertised on KA website No pricing information that I could find.

I guess Q will get 'em first since they make sure they get first dibs on colors.   Doubt if I would want a small one, but, I'm open to the presentation since I"m a Kitchen nut. LOL