Respected Contributor

Jan Mueller on David's Kitchen

Did anyone see when Jan Mueller was just on cooking with the air fryer.  He baked a turkey breast and was cutting into it and after the third cut he exposed an undone turkey center.  He quickly cover it up with the other slices.  Apparently his timing on the turkey was not long enough.  It was hilarious.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jan Mueller on David's Kitchen

Kitchen faux pas are so much fun. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Did anyone see when Jan Mueller was just on cooking with the air fryer.  He baked a turkey breast and was cutting into it and after the third cut he exposed an undone turkey center.  He quickly cover it up with the other slices.  Apparently his timing on the turkey was not long enough.  It was hilarious.

That happens a lot.   I've seen several different chefs & products and it's a bust but they keep on trucking!    Happened with Eric Thiess and his TSV pressure cooker a while back.   

Those kind of things will happen but the night the computers were down was the toughest for David.   But he & MCM did the best they could for live TV.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw center cut raw chicken exposed on one of those kitchen shows.  Think it was Eric - and as the blood ran, he said - see how juicy that is.  My stomach did a flip-flop--- - juicy yes, cooked = no.

Contributor

Lol, yes. I knew Jan was in trouble when that second slice showed a tad pink. Then wham, raw! He was pretty quick in covering it up.
Frequent Contributor

I'm so glad I missed that, lol!

Frequent Contributor

I see this on a lot of cooking shows, especially with burgers.  They cut them open, and somehow they've managed to grill the outside without cooking the inside, then exclaim how that's a perfect med/rare.  They're NOT med/rare, they're med/RAW!!

Super Contributor

I did see that the turkey breast was raw - did a quick cover up...Not sure about an air fryer - seems good for some things but will have to read more reviews.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624Smiley Wink I agree . I believe that is about half of the reason I watch. I am still waiting to see a 'spit take' sometime of the gourmet foods .Smiley Happy

Of course I find no humor when this occurs when I have guests . Woman Embarassed