Trusted Contributor

Re: I would really like the cherry pie dish BUT ....

Happy,

I don't know if you noticed my earlier post.... I think we were posting at the same time.

Anyway, I believe the temp-tations pie baker is larger than a standard or deep-dish 9-inch. My 9-inch glass pie dish is only 1 1/2 inches deep, with slanted sides. My 9-inch (inside edge diameter) fiesta pie baker is 2 inches deep, with slanted sides. I noticed that the cherry temp-tations pie baker was listed as 2 1/2 inches deep.

Honored Contributor

On 7/9/2014 oceantown said:

Happy,

I don't know if you noticed my earlier post.... I think we were posting at the same time.

Anyway, I believe the temp-tations pie baker is larger than a standard or deep-dish 9-inch. My 9-inch glass pie dish is only 1 1/2 inches deep, with slanted sides. My 9-inch (inside edge diameter) fiesta pie baker is 2 inches deep, with slanted sides. I noticed that the cherry temp-tations pie baker was listed as 2 1/2 inches deep.

It's NOT larger - I have it, got it out & measured it. The measurements are identical to a 9" pie pan.

I use Trader Joe's pre-made crust and it fit perfectly.

It has a large one inch "lip" on the exterior of the plate - so it adds 2 inches overall if you measure from end to end.

Trusted Contributor

Terrier,

Glad the pastry fit. The measurements listed it as being 2 1/2 inches deep. So, that makes a difference too. I have a glass 9-inch dish that is only 1 1/2 inches deep. So, using a pre-made pastry would be a lot different if the pan was 1 1/2 inches deep, compared to 2 1/2 inches deep.

Honored Contributor

Terrier,

Glad the pastry fit. The measurements listed it as being 2 1/2 inches deep. So, that makes a difference too. I have a glass 9-inch dish that is only 1 1/2 inches deep. So, using a pre-made pastry would be a lot different if the pan was 1 1/2 inches deep, compared to 2 1/2 inches deep.

i agree - I may not actually use it for pies but for other desserts. My DH loves cherry pie though so if I get one he will want a pie right away. It is sooooo much easier to just make a cobbler anyway.

Honored Contributor

Well, I just went to buy it and it is sold out so that is the end of this story. Those who have it - enjoy it - so cheerful.

Valued Contributor

I got this as a gift for my sister last September. It really is cute. My only observation is that the one I received is more on the cream side. I would have preferred a nice, bright white background.

And it is showing as available again now. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

On 7/9/2014 terrier3 said:

Happy,

It's NOT larger - I have it, got it out & measured it. The measurements are identical to a 9" pie pan.

It has a large one inch "lip" on the exterior of the plate - so it adds 2 inches overall if you measure from end to end.

Thank you terrier3 for measuring your TT pie pan for us! I have one pie pan in OW & have never had a problem with using pre-made pie crusts! Helps if the ones that actually uses Temp-tations post not the ones that have never used/baked in them! Thanks again for the info!

Trusted Contributor

On 7/9/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Happy,

Thank you terrier3 for measuring your TT pie pan for us! I have one pie pan in OW & have never had a problem with using pre-made pie crusts! Helps if the ones that actually uses Temp-tations post not the ones that have never used/baked in them! Thanks again for the info!

I have 2 (9-inch) pie bakers. I recently made a pumpkin pie in my fiesta 9-inch baker, and it was the perfect size for the standard 9-inch pumpkin pie (Libby's recipe on label). It should be helpful to compare the measurements of my pie plates with the measurements of the temp-tations. The temp-tations was deeper. Unless the measurements listed are incorrect.

Valued Contributor

On 7/9/2014 gkelly5744 said:

Happy,

Trusted Contributor

It is better to have a pie dish that is deeper than standard than to have one too small. You don't want the filling to overflow. That is not a good thing!