Trusted Contributor

Re: I bought the Debbie Meyer GreenBoxes

Got a couple of bags as a sample and they work pretty well.  The boxes, however, didn't work.   Had to return them. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with using a paper towel in the bags and I find the boxes to work real well with cookies and trail mixes.

I don't think I've ever tried produce in one since I like the bags so much and are easier to use.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE her boxes and the bags and use nothing else for my produce.Altho I bought the ultra light boxes and those are garbage!! I have thrown away many of the lids as they are so hard to open. But the heavy weight boxes are the best. I line them with paper towels, place the produce on it then put another piece of paper towel over top to soak up the moisture and my produce lasts and lasts.

New Contributor

I have both the bags and boxes and they work great and have not had any issues with them. Some hints for you: For tomatoes take them off the stems and store them in the bags and don't wash them until you use them and don't store in refrig. they will lose their flavor. 

For salads put them in the boxes and put a paper towel sheet on top of the salad and then put the lid to the box on. The paper towel keeps moisture from forming on the leaves and helps them last longer. Again don't wash until you use them and spin dry. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I LOVE her boxes and the bags and use nothing else for my produce.Altho I bought the ultra light boxes and those are garbage!! I have thrown away many of the lids as they are so hard to open. But the heavy weight boxes are the best. I line them with paper towels, place the produce on it then put another piece of paper towel over top to soak up the moisture and my produce lasts and lasts.

Very good point @wagirl as I too love her heavier weight boxes but the ultra light ones to me are the same as GladWare.