Honored Contributor

Re: How to organize spices in a small cabinet?

I had something similar to this.  Can't find the exact item and for me it worked very well.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/YouCopia-SpiceStack-Chef-s-Edition-30-Bottle-Cabinet-Spice-Rack/287369043

Respected Contributor

I have a large corner lazy Susan type kitchen cabinet.  In order to get the most use out of it, I use two spice-filled small lazy Susan’s, one placed on either side of the front corners which keeps the center more useful.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
I think these sell at Home Depot.  They are made of Bamboo.Bamboo Expandable 3-Tier Spice Rack Step Shelf Cabinet Organizer

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@SouthernBee 

how about a 2 tier lazy susan -my stuff is currently in a 2 tier container box which I have to pull out - don't have space for a lazy susan

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 6.32.44 AM.png

@Yahooey 

That's what I use. I have 2 of them in a cabinet but it's still not enough room for all our spices. LOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee - I agree with others that the StoreMore Spice Stack (mini cabinet with the drawers that pull out and down) that was sold here at QVC a few years back is great, and you can still find it at some web retailers.

However, I ended up converting from that product to one called the Spicy Shelf, which you can find at Amazon, Target, Walmart, and other major retailers. I really like the customizable setup that allows me to put some spices on the shelves and leave the center space open for larger containers. I also am using a narrow and short area in one of my cabinets for spices, so I only set up one of the tiers shown (just a tall bottom row and a shorter top row) and it works great:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a one-tier lazy susan. It's not ideal but I don't have room for two tier.  So I have to stack them on the lazy susan.  As long as I spin carefully, nothing falls over.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ : Great idea. Only concern - trying to determine how to mount on inside of cabinet door to fit in between the edge of the shelves so the door can be opened and closed. Also need to make sure lids don’t pull off spilling spices and creating a mess. Not able to mount on backsplash. Refrigerator is across room and not an option. Southern Bee 

I'd do it for you if I could....the kids to the containers I'm talking about won't pull off that easily. You might want to check on YouTube to see if Alton has a video about magnetic spice storage. Good luck.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt : Well stated and so true. Just like everyone else dealing with more expenses the next few months but trying to make a few minor home improvements for kitchen, food storage, bathroom or whatever needed. I know that  new spices need to be purchased and make sure I have them.Just tired of revisiting some problems over and over. Kitchen remodel done three years ago and have rearranged the cabinets  4 times or more and still not comfortable but I am a Queen when it comes to- if something can be knocked over, spilled or drop or whatever terminology is available that is me. I am Lucy and Ethel in one body, plus did I mention short and still shrinking and will physical issues can’t and don’t need to be climbing on stools to reach something.Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc : I was looking at this yesterday and reading reviews.😃😃😃 Southern Bee 

Frequent Contributor

I went to Walmart site and typed in spice rack organization and that will give you a ton of options to choose from.