Honored Contributor

Re: Have to do a major food shopping trip tomorrow, ugh!

I don't like going with hubby unless he is in a hurry. I am on a mission when I hit the door. I get the cart and away I go. I wave smile and say HEY HOW ARE YOU when I see someone! He stops to chat. I know what I want and grab it and go. He has to look at things.

Regular Contributor

On 2/27/2014 hulagirl said:

I always take the task I like the least and do it first......just make myself do it!! It totally makes the rest of my "to do" list much easier to accomplish!

So do I. I kick myself in the behind and get on with it. When the thing I like the least is completed, I'm a happy camper and the rest is a snap.

Honored Contributor

Well, it's done. Went at 8 am this morning. My entire trunk was filled and I am good to go for probably about 3 weeks, with the exception of fresh fruits & vegetables, bread and milk. And of course the odd things that I always seem to need when I decide I want to make something extra or different. Glad that is over.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

We'll go this morning. It's our big "outing" now that we're retired. LOL I got all the coupons ready yesterday. We make the list up as we run out for the next week. Usually we only go once a week. I do go through the frig's and the cupboards to double check. I try not to get too far ahead on storing things, since I don't like to waste food because it's expired and we haven't eaten it. We try to be careful as far as projecting ahead too much. It appears that what we like one or for even a few weeks, we change at any given moment. It's weird.

Honored Contributor

On 2/28/2014 Sooner said:

I don't like going with hubby unless he is in a hurry. I am on a mission when I hit the door. I get the cart and away I go. I wave smile and say HEY HOW ARE YOU when I see someone! He stops to chat. I know what I want and grab it and go. He has to look at things.

Me too, only I might stay and chat some too. LOL

Frequent Contributor

I know im late on this thread, but this is what I do.

A couple of years ago, I made a list of everything I buy on the computer, and then put one of these _____ next to it. Then I made copies of it.

So everytime I go (and I go every 2 weeks, cause my main shopping store is 50 miles round trip. We do have a small store in town, very expensive, so I only do "have to have" items, like milk or bread, when I run out before the 2 weeks is up) I will take one of these sheets and fill it out. And I have it on a clip board next to my desk. So I can actually fill as needed too, so I don't have to do it all at once the night/morning before. Then the back of the paper I write anything different, that I don't have filled out. (like if I needed light bulbs or batteries)

It works for me! Smiley Happy I used to love food shopping, now not so much. Putting it away is the worst, cause your already tired from actually going and doing the shopping!

I did get myself a small chest freezer this past month, cause of all this snow/cold weather it was hard to get to the store even every 2 weeks. That has helped a lot! I love it.

I go this Tuesday! Its been a month! I cant believe we lasted that long (well, besides the milk/bread run) Not sure i'd want to wait that long again tho. But now I know its possible!

Glad your done now for awhile! Feels like an accomplishment, hey? I know that feeling! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I keep a running list on my frig when I run out of things and go for the major every 2-3 weeks. My local store for fresh veggies and their specials. Bought a big freezer last fall and stock up on meat sales and we bought a 1/4 cow so I have not been buying beef. Just the drive to and from a major store is 1 hour.

Honored Contributor

I know I will feel a lot better when I get ""whatever it is"" done.......so that's my incentive

♥Surface of the Sun♥