Honored Contributor

Fresh Market Deli

[ Edited ]

DH has had a little fall cold and hasn't felt like more than crackers and soup.

Since I work so much, I got some items out of the Fresh Market Deli.  I figured FM would knock the socks off of regular gocery store deli.  Yep!!!  It did!!!!

The White Wine and Herb Roasted chicken.

Firstly, the chickens were big!  It smelled heavenly on the way home, and not being to pull over and eat was being deprived!!!

The beef stir fry was veggie rich and good, but there was a little "sting" to it!  I don't know why they can't leave the hot out and let people add it at home.  One can add, but not remove, after all!

Tonight was the beef meatballs.  They were delicious, with a minimum of breading and just a little smaller than a tennis ball!

Next time I won't ask for another spoonful of sauce, but use what I buy.  I felt the sauce really needed basil!

I have yet to discover stuffed cabbage!  That's next.

What have been your likes and "not doin' THAT agains???".

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fresh Market Deli

[ Edited ]

I've tried the white wine roasted chicken without knowing it had wine! ( I get regular plain roasted chicken due to the dog having some.)  it was marked wrong! It was delicious!

I usually don't go to Fresh market because it's more expensive. There's a small neighborhood Walmart near it and their chicken is cheaper. It's just me an a small dog and a Turkey breast is better. They have those at Fresh market.

Today I went in Aldi for just several items and bought a lot. They had many Fall foods and specials. But they don't have roast chickens!  Very good chicken salad. 
         🍗 🍽🍷

Valued Contributor

Fresh Market has excellent specials.

On Thursdays, the rotisserie chickens are $5.00 and the fresh made pizza is also $5.00. You need to add Italian seasoning before you heat.

On Tuesday's, boneless chicken breast is $2.99 a lb. and Ground chuck is now 3.99 a lb. Also, a lb. of fresh made chicken salad and 4 croissants is $9.99.

There are other specials each week. Check out their web site. The menu changes on Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

@Zaimee 

What kills me is the "one day specials"!  If I close on Friday, good bye ultimate crab cake, so I get several and freeze them.

Respected Contributor

I like Fresh Market but it's so expensive.  I go in every now and again, I guess hoping I'd find something at a more reasonable price.  More often, I walk out empty.  I liked their Halloween candy selection, it was different.  I was going to get some but a small bag was $7.  I remember seeing a bone in rib eye for $19.99 / lb.  I'll keep looking though,.

Respected Contributor

There was one in a city that is kind of near me, but a bit of a drive.  It was fun to go there but they sold many of the same items that I could get at other grocery stores for a lot less.  I would pick up a few things, but never bought much there.

The deli items were tempting, but I like to cook and never tried them.  

It closed a couple of years ago.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

Fresh Market has excellent specials.

On Thursdays, the rotisserie chickens are $5.00 and the fresh made pizza is also $5.00. You need to add Italian seasoning before you heat.

On Tuesday's, boneless chicken breast is $2.99 a lb. and Ground chuck is now 3.99 a lb. Also, a lb. of fresh made chicken salad and 4 croissants is $9.99.

There are other specials each week. Check out their web site. The menu changes on Wednesday.

@Zaimee  Yes, their specials are what to look for. The normal shopping things that you can find in cheaper stores are not a bargain. I look for the unusual and the sales. 

Valued Contributor
For $15 at my local Fresh Market you can get a whole chicken, box of cornbread & 2 large containers of sides! They also have $25 make yourself meals weekly that consist of 4-6 things to make a whole meal. Sometimes they're a bargain-sometimes not.

Sales are good, but for regularly priced higher end stuff I'd rather go to Whole Foods if I'm spending more...or Wegmans. It tends to be better quality & a lil cheaper.
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I like Fresh Market but it's so expensive.  I go in every now and again, I guess hoping I'd find something at a more reasonable price.  More often, I walk out empty.  I liked their Halloween candy selection, it was different.  I was going to get some but a small bag was $7.  I remember seeing a bone in rib eye for $19.99 / lb.  I'll keep looking though,.

@ScrapHappy 

It's a case of "which is better".  I know I will not enjoy or like the deli items from my usually grocery store where I regularly shop the specials.  If at walmart, I always pick up basic items.

I wanted a nice dinner after working all day.  Two dollars difference is worth it as well as all of the starch and calorie laden items that were probably be in my grocery store's deli items.  I also know what they make is from the "house brand" which I disliked after I tried it, therefore, all of their items but their fried chicken breast is a loss for me.

Respected Contributor

I have never missed a deli & grocery store as much as Fresh Market when I relocated from Florida to Nebraska!  I'm so envious of those who have access to this amazing place!  Price was never an issue with me; I got what I paid for!