Honored Contributor

Kindle copies are $12.99.  I would wait for reviews. . . 

Esteemed Contributor

@cotto22 wrote:

What qualifications does he have to be selling a cookbook?

Lol ... my thoughts exactly!!!!  🙀🙀

Honored Contributor

@Adamlambert wrote:

it's much easier just to look recipes up on the iPad. Free too. 

Not to knock anyone's choices, but I can't see the need for cookbooks in this day and age.

First, most cookbooks don't interest me at all, not the kind of food I cook, or only a couple of recipes in any given one that I would like. For me it would be a lot of wasted space and money to buy many cookbooks.

Second, I like recipes that one gets from friends and family when you go to a function and enjoy their food. I've already eaten the dish, and know I like it.

Third, with the internet, it is so easy to get many different versions of a recipe, and choose one that suits your tastes or needs. No need to spend money or space on cookbooks.

That said, I have a couple of cookbooks that I like and use regularly, and a couple that were wedding gifts that I keep mostly for sentimental reasons. I do understand how some people love cookbooks, my mother in law was one of them, but I just don't have much love for them myself (although I will look through them in a store!).

Frequent Contributor

I read that he was attending culinary school when he got his first acting break. He posts photos of family meals that he prepares on social media almost daily, so it seems to be a genuine passion. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Adamlambert wrote:

it's much easier just to look recipes up on the iPad. Free too. 

Not to knock anyone's choices, but I can't see the need for cookbooks in this day and age.

First, most cookbooks don't interest me at all, not the kind of food I cook, or only a couple of recipes in any given one that I would like. For me it would be a lot of wasted space and money to buy many cookbooks.

Second, I like recipes that one gets from friends and family when you go to a function and enjoy their food. I've already eaten the dish, and know I like it.

Third, with the internet, it is so easy to get many different versions of a recipe, and choose one that suits your tastes or needs. No need to spend money or space on cookbooks.

That said, I have a couple of cookbooks that I like and use regularly, and a couple that were wedding gifts that I keep mostly for sentimental reasons. I do understand how some people love cookbooks, my mother in law was one of them, but I just don't have much love for them myself (although I will look through them in a store!).

@Mominohio I too have finally started to break myself of the habit of buying every cookbook I could get my hands on as I find myself trying recipes that folks have made on these boards as I know the recipes have been successfully made and are usually great plus I like reading about the history around the recipe if supplied.

The last cookbook I actually bought was Wolfgang Puck's rice cooker cookbook and it killed me to pay full price for it but it turned out to be worth every penny as it so successfully expanded what I can make in that little rice cooker . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Freddie Prinze Jr talks about cooking a while back

A statement issued to Eonline.com reads, “I have been cooking longer than I’ve been acting – in fact, if I hadn’t made it as an actor, I’d probably be a chef today. I was actually enrolled in culinary school when I landed my first role, opposite Michelle Pfeiffer and Claire Danes in ‘To Gillian’ on her 37th Birthday.” He continues, “Cooking has always been a huge part of my life – my mom encouraged me to explore the world through food and when I became a dad, I knew that I would do the same with my own kids. - See more at: http://kmit.com/news/030030-freddie-prinze-jr-taking-on-new-role-as-celebrity-chef/#sthash.HKdy3Ysp....

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I was going to post asking if anyone knew what he was selling. Then I checked ITKWD items and I see it is a cookbook. I do not believe I have any more room for cookbooks , but I will watch the presentation most likely.

@okaywitheasypay  This book is availabe at amazon for $17+ free shipping, also advance ordered, if anyone is interested.  I always check there as books are always less expensive.

@mousiegirl

just a note......it only has free shipping if you order $25+ worth of eligible books.....or if you have amazon prime.

Most people know Freddie Prinze Jr. from movies (She's All That, Scooby Doo, Star Wars Rebels) and as one half of beloved Hollywood power couple with Sarah Michelle Gellar. But to family, friends, and co-stars he's always been a terrific father and skilled home cook who prepares delicious meals for his family every night.

Freddie grew up in New Mexico cooking with his mother and eating dishes with a ton of flavor and spice from his Puerto Rican heritage. His eggs come New Mexico style, served with from-scratch biscuits and green-chile gravy. His tacos are the real deal: soft tortillas, homemade salsa, filled with steak layered with quick-pickled cucumbers, or spicy fish dressed with watermelon and thai chiles. Now in this family-focused cookbook, Freddie teaches fans to cook his mainstays, the recipes that he makes on even the busiest weeknights, as well as more luxurious date night meals.

With personal family photos from Freddie and Sarah's beautiful LA home and Freddie's hilarious stories about the life of an actor, husband, and father in Hollywood, Back to the Kitchen shares more than just recipes. It’s an inside look at a beloved movie and TV personality who has acted, cooked, and eaten his way around the world.

i do still buy cookbooks.....there is just something about having the books, photos, recipes in book form that still appeals to me, especially cuisines that i  particularly love.i am definitely buying less though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@okaywitheasypay wrote:

I was going to post asking if anyone knew what he was selling. Then I checked ITKWD items and I see it is a cookbook. I do not believe I have any more room for cookbooks , but I will watch the presentation most likely.

@okaywitheasypay  This book is availabe at amazon for $17+ free shipping, also advance ordered, if anyone is interested.  I always check there as books are always less expensive.

@mousiegirl

just a note......it only has free shipping if you order $25+ worth of eligible books.....or if you have amazon prime.

Most people know Freddie Prinze Jr. from movies (She's All That, Scooby Doo, Star Wars Rebels) and as one half of beloved Hollywood power couple with Sarah Michelle Gellar. But to family, friends, and co-stars he's always been a terrific father and skilled home cook who prepares delicious meals for his family every night.

Freddie grew up in New Mexico cooking with his mother and eating dishes with a ton of flavor and spice from his Puerto Rican heritage. His eggs come New Mexico style, served with from-scratch biscuits and green-chile gravy. His tacos are the real deal: soft tortillas, homemade salsa, filled with steak layered with quick-pickled cucumbers, or spicy fish dressed with watermelon and thai chiles. Now in this family-focused cookbook, Freddie teaches fans to cook his mainstays, the recipes that he makes on even the busiest weeknights, as well as more luxurious date night meals.

With personal family photos from Freddie and Sarah's beautiful LA home and Freddie's hilarious stories about the life of an actor, husband, and father in Hollywood, Back to the Kitchen shares more than just recipes. It’s an inside look at a beloved movie and TV personality who has acted, cooked, and eaten his way around the world.

i do still buy cookbooks.....there is just something about having the books, photos, recipes in book form that still appeals to me, especially cuisines that i  particularly love.i am definitely buying less though.

@sunshine45  Yes, but I always order enough to get free shipping, so didn't think to mention it. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like looking at cookbooks, but I got rid of alot  of them last year. I now have one shelf in our bookcase that is for my cookbooks and that's it.

I will buy some at book sales that interest me. I used to like Church cookbooks, but a lot of times some ingredients can be wrong or missing.

The last one I actually bought on QVC was The Pioneer Woman's. I like alot of her recipes and do make them.

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma you are stronger than I! I stilll have tons of cookbooks and constantly expanding.....

As for Freddie Prinze Jr, I found him very appealing and not disingenuous in the least..I certainly have heard of him, though I have  never really seen him in anything..My biggest memeory of him is how sad I was so many years ago, when his father committed suicide , thinking how horrible to grow up never knowing your father..

And though I dont think I will uy his cookbook, I found his presentation and enthusiasm very enjoyable.. I think his commitment to his family was very refreshing as well.