Honored Contributor

For those who eat canned soup

I know that it is not the healthiest option, however it is nice to have some on hand for a quick lunch . today I tried Progresso Mediterranean lentil soup, It was delicious . It contained 24 grams of protein if that is important to you, also in addition to lentils it contained chick peas. If this doesn't work for you I get it, just a  good , quick option.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

Re: For those who eat canned soup

@QVCkitty1   Thanks for this info. I eat their regular lentil & saw this in the store & wondered if it was as good. 

Valued Contributor

I love Progresso lentil soup. I will try the one you mention because I love chick peas too.

Thank you for your post @QVCkitty1 

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Progresso makes really good lentil. My mom, who was amazing at homemade soups used to say she couldn't match it. 

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite soups are from Aldi.They are called Specially Selected  Slow Cooked soups. I buy the ones in a jar Tomato & Sweet Basil, Vegetable and Black Beans. They are loaded with vegetables and other good ingredients. They are not expensive for what you get..

Honored Contributor

I will keep my Campbell's soups till I drop.  They haven't hurt me in 76 years.

Contributor

It seems like a good choice.  Thanks for the info.  Do you happen to know what the sodium content is?   

Respected Contributor

I don't eat a lot of soup. but I always have a can of Progresso at work in case I need a quick filling lunch.   Haven't had a bad one yet.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I will keep my Campbell's soups till I drop.  They haven't hurt me in 76 years.

@qualitygal , Go with what works for you, it was just a recommendation.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Take a look at the sodium content ladies!! That alone should shock you and never consume any canned soup! Yes, I'm sure the lentil soup is delicious but it's sooooo bad for you! Read up on how" healthy" canned anything is. Woman Frustrated

"Pure Michigan"